California - Northern

IMG_1464.JPG
IMG_1466.JPG
IMG_1471.JPG

I hatched really nice blue egg layers this summer. they are University of Arkansas blue egg layers. They are Blue, black, splash genetics. I have all three colors! Sadly they are very rare.

They are an improved version of the True Blue chickens that McMurray sells

UofA-Blues-2017 3 weeks old.jpg

I have the most awesome rooster right now. He is a Jubilee Orpington & he is calm with humans & a gentleman with the hens. Its so cute to see him call the hens for treats & sing the egg song with the hens after they lay an egg. Sadly he is waking me up at 5 A.M. so he is going to a new home. So sad to see him go though. I am probably going to set some eggs next week & maybe hatch some of his babies.

20840656_10155841882509614_6929655282927812750_n.jpg
20840800_10155841882574614_2802892016617866060_n.jpg

I have the most awesome rooster right now. He is a Jubilee Orpington & he is calm with humans & a gentleman with the hens. Its so cute to see him call the hens for treats & sing the egg song with the hens after they lay an egg. Sadly he is waking me up at 5 A.M. so he is going to a new home. So sad to see him go though. I am probably going to set some eggs next week & maybe hatch some of his babies.

View attachment 1116163 View attachment 1116164
That's too bad. He is very pretty. I have one jubilee orp. I think it is a hen. My chocolate boy is nice to humans but still over breeding the hens. Some have no feathers at all on their backs.

That's too bad. He is very pretty. I have one jubilee orp. I think it is a hen. My chocolate boy is nice to humans but still over breeding the hens. Some have no feathers at all on their backs.
That's too bad. Maybe you should try a different one? I could have sent this guy to you but I already found him a home.
I have a jubilee orpington pullet also who just started laying, maybe some of her eggs will hatch. I have only seen the jubilee rooster breeding with one hen (the chocolate EE!) and I know her eggs are fertile, but not sure if any of my other hens' eggs are being fertilized.

Back
Top Bottom