Call duck eggs

Vanillaandbean

Chirping
Jun 25, 2024
Hello I just have a question about my call duck eggs well I just candled them well there’s three of them and all of them are alive and moving but there covering up a lot of the egg and there only on day 17 so I’m a little confused about it like one of them you can only see the air cell and veins at the bottom and it’s definitely moving and here’s pictures

Attachments

• IMG_2157.jpeg
    IMG_2157.jpeg
    212.4 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_2158.jpeg
    IMG_2158.jpeg
    189.7 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Hello I just have a question about my call duck eggs well I just candled them well there’s three of them and all of them are alive and moving but there covering up a lot of the egg and there only on day 17 so I’m a little confused about it like one of them you can only see the air cell and veins at the bottom and it’s definitely moving.
@shawluvsbirds
@WVduckchick

Hello I just have a question about my call duck eggs well I just candled them well there’s three of them and all of them are alive and moving but there covering up a lot of the egg and there only on day 17 so I’m a little confused about it like one of them you can only see the air cell and veins at the bottom and it’s definitely moving.
Are these in an incubator or under a mamma?
Is it possible they are farther along than you think they are?
What do the air cells look like?
Screenshot_20240802_081412_DuckDuckGo.jpg
Screenshot_20240802_081618_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Well, that is really strange. If they are on day 17 the air cells should be larger than that. You may want to decrease your humidity.
Question are they supposed to be covering this much egg pretty sure this picture was from when they were 18 weeks and don’t worry I decreased humidity and there on day 20 right now also I ordered these eggs from meter farm they were shipped on the 15th and I got them and put them in the incubator on the 17th.

Attachments

• IMG_2159.jpeg
    IMG_2159.jpeg
    138.4 KB · Views: 2
Question are they supposed to be covering this much egg pretty sure this picture was from when they were 18 weeks and don’t worry I decreased humidity and there on day 20 right now also I ordered these eggs from meter farm they were shipped on the 15th and I got them and put them in the incubator on the 17th.
Well, the farther along they get the more of the egg they take up for sure. By the end you can barely even tell if there is movement. That is why i wondered if perhaps they were further along than you thought they were.
They *could* possibly be farther along than you think if it was warm enough during shipping and they got a head start.
But I would have thought your air cells would be a little bigger than that.
I wouldn't panick about it as long as you see some movement and the air cells do continue to grow. They may start hatching a bit early.

Well, the farther along they get the more of the egg they take up for sure. By the end you can barely even tell if there is movement. That is why i wondered if perhaps they were further along than you thought they were.
They *could* possibly be farther along than you think if it was warm enough during shipping and they got a head start.
But I would have thought your air cells would be a little bigger than that.
I wouldn't panick about it as long as you see some movement and the air cells do continue to grow. They may start hatching a bit early.
Oh okay yeah I drew lines with a pencil and the air cells are definitely growing and there’s definitely movement there very active! And it was like the 80s to 70s and they were shipped from Tennessee and I live in Michigan

Back
Top Bottom