calling any one from missouri

Anyone from southwest MO keep modern game bantams? If you do how to you keep them warm during the winters? Can I keep them warm with out a heat lamp?
And coops. What should they look like?
Thanks.

Anyone from southwest MO keep modern game bantams? If you do how to you keep them warm during the winters? Can I keep them warm with out a heat lamp?
Thanks.
I only have a Sebright bantam. I bring her into the basement when temps fall below 10º. But @jthornton knows about heating the coop…

I'm more midwest area of Mo and had them for a few years.
I wintered mine in the garage. It isn't heated and I didn't give them lights but keeping them from the elements and wind was enough.
Some days their water would freeze so it got cold but not like outside with frozen solid water daily.

Thanks.

I don't know anything about bantams but oil filled heaters under the poop table does a really good job at keeping my hens cozy all winter.
coop-deux-heat-02.jpg

In Coop Uno it's open underneath so that won't work so I use red heat lamps above the hens.
coop-uno-heat-01.jpg

JT

I only have a Sebright bantam. I bring her into the basement when temps fall below 10º. But @jthornton knows about heating the coop…
Thanks
I don't know anything about bantams but oil filled heaters under the poop table does a really good job at keeping my hens cozy all winter.
View attachment 3652354

In Coop Uno it's open underneath so that won't work so I use red heat lamps above the hens.
View attachment 3652355

JT
Thanks
I'm more midwest area of Mo and had them for a few years.
I wintered mine in the garage. It isn't heated and I didn't give them lights but keeping them from the elements and wind was enough.
Some days their water would freeze so it got cold but not like outside with frozen solid water daily.
Thanks

Back
Top Bottom