Can a broody silkie hatch out quail eggs for me?

magsrags

Songster
11 Years
Aug 12, 2008
Staten Island NY
Wondered about that today.
hu.gif

Quote:
that was my worry cause of the size. Myy silkie hatched me out SLW without a problem & even raised them as her own. but these eggs are so darn small she might not know they are even there.
gig.gif

Good point. Think I'll keep them in the bator to be on the safe side. I candled tonight and 17 are working out of 47 I set. I am keeping my fingers crossed...........6 more days and I stop turning.

Ok, gotcha! No mixing of the birds. The quail will be indorrs for a bit after they hatch.... then in a seperate building/area than my little flock of chickens. Thanks for the heads up!

Gee these little eggs sure are not easy to candle. But I did manage to see some movement tonight which I LOVE ...............tomorrow is day 10.

Ur Welcome Mags.....

Coincidentally, Thats How I Got My Education On Mixing Fowl.... I Had A 4 Wk Old Silkie Chick I Was Using As A "brooder Nanny" With A Large Batch Of Rare Orimental Pheasants--- Turns Out She Was A Typhoid Mary--- Gave The Pheasants Coryza And I Lost 52 Babies Total. A Lesson Hard Learned.

Back
Top Bottom