can chickens eat dry lentils?

Hello, someone gave us a big sack of dried red lentils, we've portioned out what we could ever use, can the chickens eat them raw/dry?
I agree with the previous poster and note that you should use it as treats or enrichment at no more than about 10% of the total daily intake.. to keep nutrients in the formulated ration balanced.

Sprouting can be fantastic fun and kept as simple as a jar on the counter that gets rinsed several times per day. :thumbsup

My research shows that the difference nutritional between days 3-4 of sprouting verses 7 ish for fodder (depending on your temps) is very minimal and going shorter can decrease mold type issues...
Fodder Nutrient values

Consider sharing with your neighbors or local food bank. :cool:

I agree with the previous poster and note that you should use it as treats or enrichment at no more than about 10% of the total daily intake.. to keep nutrients in the formulated ration balanced.

Sprouting can be fantastic fun and kept as simple as a jar on the counter that gets rinsed several times per day. :thumbsup

My research shows that the difference nutritional between days 3-4 of sprouting verses 7 ish for fodder (depending on your temps) is very minimal and going shorter can decrease mold type issues...
Fodder Nutrient values

Consider sharing with your neighbors or local food bank. :cool:
the food bank doesn't accept opened products, I checked. And my neighbors are the ones who gave us the lentils.;) I'll cook a bit tomorrow, it's too cold to sprout in my house.
Thank you both.

Back
Top Bottom