Can I use this as pain relief for my chicken? **URGENT**

crunchygranola

Songster
May 6, 2024
My chicken currently has some kind of injury on her leg and she was attacked by a hawk yesterday. She’s in pain. Can I use this for pain relief?

Attachments

• IMG_4418.jpeg
    IMG_4418.jpeg
    394.2 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_4419.jpeg
    IMG_4419.jpeg
    480.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4420.jpeg
    IMG_4420.jpeg
    607.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4421.jpeg
    IMG_4421.jpeg
    403.3 KB · Views: 0
My chicken currently has some kind of injury on her leg and she was attacked by a hawk yesterday. She’s in pain. Can I use this for pain relief?
No.

Do you have any low dose aspirin? She can have 81mg twice a days for a few days.

If you happen to have meloxicam or Meloxidyl, anything in that family of meds she could have that too.

No.

Do you have any low dose aspirin? She can have 81mg twice a days for a few days.

If you happen to have meloxicam or Meloxidyl, anything in that family of meds she could have that too.
Okay, thank you.

What is low dose aspirin called? Just that or is there another name for it?

@crunchygranola

If you have a higher strength aspirin you can cut it down to close to the right amount.

Open her beak and put it in so she gets the full dose all at once.

I prefer to use my thumbnail to open the beak. I put the bird in my lap facing outward, open and pop it. Don't let go until you're sure it's swallowed.

Some people prefer to gently pull down on their wattles to get them to open up and then put it in.

@crunchygranola

If you have a higher strength aspirin you can cut it down to close to the right amount.

Open her beak and put it in so she gets the full dose all at once.

I prefer to use my thumbnail to open the beak. I put the bird in my lap facing outward, open and pop it. Don't let go until you're sure it's swallowed.

Some people prefer to gently pull down on their wattles to get them to open up and then put it in.
Thank you so much. This means so much.

Could I ask you to help identify if my hen has a broken ankle, too? She’s not walking for a reason, and I haven’t gotten any input on it. I’m feeling anxious about it— I’ve never done anything like this before.

Yes you should take a video and upload or add pictures. We might be able to help.
Could I ask you to help identify if my hen has a broken ankle, too? She’s not walking for a reason, and I haven’t gotten any input on it. I’m feeling anxious about it— I’ve never done anything like this before.

Let me get her up to check. I didn’t see crazy swelling, but I’m pretty sure it’s crooked or twisted in some way (she was dragging it when she ran to me after the hawk attack). I can get you some pictures if you would like?

Back
Top Bottom