Can my 7 week EE /welsummer go outside at these temps

M

member 615286

…if they have some heat at night and
if I’ve been weening them off heat the last two weeks (garage has been 50-55F; they are 7 weeks)
Thank you!

Attachments

• AB33195E-4490-4B69-A348-648162D764CE.png
    AB33195E-4490-4B69-A348-648162D764CE.png
    895.7 KB · Views: 33
Last edited by a moderator:
No problem. They will handle the temps just fine as long as they are kept out of chilly drafts.

During the day, they will be warm internally from the calories they consume. At night, add a little heat to bring the coop temp up above freezing.

How do you plan to heat them at night? I like the non-light emitting flat heating plates you can hang on the wall. Much safer and more efficient than heat lamps. Better than having light at night that can speed up sexual development to the chicks detriment.

No problem. They will handle the temps just fine as long as they are kept out of chilly drafts.

During the day, they will be warm internally from the calories they consume. At night, add a little heat to bring the coop temp up above freezing.

How do you plan to heat them at night? I like the non-light emitting flat heating plates you can hang on the wall. Much safer and more efficient than heat lamps. Better than having light at night that can speed up sexual development to the chicks detriment.
I have two producer pride flat brooder/heater plates one low on the wall for the solo bantam and the other will be higher where the other two roost. Though I’ve determined the heater setting is too hot so I’m going to keep them both on brooder settings, I thinking it’ll be enough heat and they’ll cozy up right next to it if not (the silkie has been with the lower one when it’s in the single digits).

Back
Top Bottom