Can y'all critique my duck food recipe

Tizri

In the Brooder
Aug 29, 2024
Can I get some critiques on this duck food recipe? I'm trying to make a completely homemade duck food, and I need advice on whether or not this is going to have all of the nutrients they need or not. This recipe is meant to be refrigerated after it's all put together.

Oats
Corn
Peas
Sunflower seeds(unsalted)
Cooked rice
Dried insects(aquatic turtle treats)
Flaxseed Oil
Fish oil(collected from nature bounties fish oil supplements)
Oregano
Lavender flowers
Crushed assorted snail treats(calcium carbonate, organic beef gelatin)
Kelp Powder (food grade with added Iodine)
Kitten food(meow mix)
Propel fitness water strawberry kiwi(zero sugar)

Last edited:
Can I get some critiques on this duck food recipe? I'm trying to make a completely homemade duck food, and I need advice on whether or not this is going to have all of the nutrients they need or not. This recipe is meant to be refrigerated after it's all put together.

Oats
Corn
Peas
Sunflower seeds(unsalted)
Cooked rice
Dried insects(aquatic turtle treats)
Flaxseed Oil
Fish oil(collected from nature bounties fish oil supplements)
Oregano
Lavender flowers
Crushed assorted snail treats(calcium carbonate, organic beef gelatin)
Kelp Powder (food grade with added Iodine)
Kitten food(meow mix)
Propel fitness water strawberry kiwi(zero sugar)
What is the lavender and the water flavoring for?

I read that not only is it good to supplement their food with herbs but also that lavender helps soothe ducks and keep them calm. The propel has electrolytes, vitamin c vitamin E and vitamin B5 and vitamin B3(niacinide) in it

Where did you get this recipe? It's pretty poor.
I compiled it myself, I posted it to get advice on how may I improve on it?

I'm used to making my own rat food as well but I have been keeping rats way longer and know their needs inside and out. I'm still learning with ducks.

That's not a recipe, its an ingredient list. I can offer some information on some of the ingredients, but I can't make any calculations w/o knowing the amounts of inclusion (by weight please)
2 pounds oats
1 pound corn
1 pound peas
8 ounces unsalted sunflower seeds
1 pound cooked rice (cooled)
4 ounces dried insects (mealworms, shrimp, crickets premade turtle food)
4 ounces flaxseed oil
4 ounces fish oil
2 teaspoons dried oregano
2 teaspoons dried lavender flowers
4 ounces crushed assorted snail treats (calcium carbonate, organic beef gelatin)
4 ounces kelp powder (food grade with added iodine)
4 ounces of meow mix
1 packet Propel (for added electrolytes and nutrients)

In a mixing bucket, combine 2 pounds of oats and 1 pound of corn. Then pour and mix in 1 pound of thawed peas and 8 ounces of sunflower seeds for additional nutrition. Stir in 2 teaspoons of oregano and 2 teaspoons of lavender flowers, 4 ounces of kelp powder, and 4 ounces of crushed assorted snail treats. Add 4 ounces of dried insects and 4 ounces of meow mix for protein content. Then add 1 pound of cooked rice into the mixture. After that, pour in 4 ounces of flaxseed oil and 4 ounces of fish oil, mixing well to ensure even distribution. Finally, mix in 1 serving of Propel, ensuring all ingredients are mixed thoroughly to create a uniform blend!

Back
Top Bottom