Can you help me sort out which is which?

Happily RV After

In the Brooder
Mar 9, 2024
I bought some Meyer Hatchery chicks and these three have me confused.
One is an Austra White, one is a Sapphire Jewel, and the other is a Splash Ameraucana. I think I know which one is the Austra White (Betty White, I think) but the other two have me stumped. What do you think? {as I wait with bated breath praying nobody says, "those are roos" LOL}
TIA!

Attachments

• Betty White with name label.jpg
    Betty White with name label.jpg
    567.3 KB · Views: 37
  • Monica with name label.jpg
    Monica with name label.jpg
    813.2 KB · Views: 15
  • Phoebe with name label.jpg
    Phoebe with name label.jpg
    624.2 KB · Views: 17
Betty is the Austra white, Monica is the splash Ameraucana, and Phoebe is the Sappire Jewel, in my opinion. I'm basing the opinion on Momica being a bit heavier and fluffier, which I associate with Ameraucanas over Easter eggers like Sapphire Jewels.

Betty White is the Austra White, Monica is the Splash Ameraucana, and Phoebe is the Sapphire Jewel. If you look, Betty and Phoebe are a color called paint which is one copy of dominant white with patches of color leaked through. That is why they're more white than the splash. Splash is two copies of blue. This is a very interesting comparison because the varieties look similar but have extremely different genetics :)

Betty White is the Austra White, Monica is the Splash Ameraucana, and Phoebe is the Sapphire Jewel. If you look, Betty and Phoebe are a color called paint which is one copy of dominant white with patches of color leaked through. That is why they're more white than the splash. Splash is two copies of blue. This is a very interesting comparison because the varieties look similar but have extremely different genetics :)
Wow! That is so interesting and informative! Thank you!!!

Back
Top Bottom