@Goosebaby Thank you for your reply. Yes, it is very unfair that those who have expertise and should be able to help - wouldn't. :-( Thankfully, it's not illegal to help injured wildlife where I live, as long as the animal gets released afterward. (I am very glad I live where it's ok to help wild animals in need!)

I very much appreciate your advice about the feed, and will get it today for him. It is very encouraging to me to see that the goose is getting better nevertheless, and I am certain I will be able to release him soon : )
hello. My name is Mia. I am so glad that there are people like you who are willing to help the innocent. I have just seen one goose with a hanging foot trying to walk and care for the little ones. It is heartbreaking. Just a few days ago, I was happy for this goose family to have the young ones. Today, I'm heartbroken... I am contemplating catching the goos and trying to take it to a wildlife hospital. Can you share your experience? I hope the goos survived.

hello. My name is Mia. I am so glad that there are people like you who are willing to help the innocent. I have just seen one goose with a hanging foot trying to walk and care for the little ones. It is heartbreaking. Just a few days ago, I was happy for this goose family to have the young ones. Today, I'm heartbroken... I am contemplating catching the goos and trying to take it to a wildlife hospital. Can you share your experience? I hope the goos survived.
Where is the goose you saw? Carolina waterfowl rescue takes in and rehabilitates waterfowl but if it’s too far of a distance they rely on volunteers to capture and transport injured birds to them.

I am in Illinois. I have contacted a few people to help capture and hopefully treat this poor goose. So far, nobody has responded but I located the Wild Life Hospital near me. His/her foot is dangling. From your experience that you had with your goose rescue, was the goose treated and released? I'm trying to understand if doctors will even treat a dangling foot or utilize the bird. what's the prognosis?

Back
Top Bottom