Canker or wet pox?

Jonezoe

In the Brooder
Jun 18, 2024
Hi everyone. I had a bird that i just happen to notice a lesion in her mouth. Does this look like canker or wet pox? If so what is my next course of action?

Also i apologize for the poor photos😅

Attachments

• IMG_8412.jpeg
    IMG_8412.jpeg
    338.9 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_8411.jpeg
    IMG_8411.jpeg
    201.3 KB · Views: 20
I suspect it is wet fowl pox. Please tell me if I'm wrong @Wyorp Rock
😩😩😩 what do i do for everyone if it is? I ordered the vaccine the girls that this one was in contact with are all separate from everyone else. Should i separate the others with her if they do not have lesions and vaccinate them as well?

😩😩😩 what do i do for everyone if it is? I ordered the vaccine the girls that this one was in contact with are all separate from everyone else. Should i separate the others with her if they do not have lesions and vaccinate them as well?
I found a natural remedy when I was trying to prevent it from the rest of my flock. Add turmeric powder and/or garlic to their water.

I found a natural remedy when I was trying to prevent it from the rest of my flock. Add turmeric powder and/or garlic to their water.
How much tumeric powder per gallon? Should i use whole cloves of garlic and if so how much? Does it help alleviate symptoms of it ?

How much tumeric powder per gallon? Should i use whole cloves of garlic and if so how much? Does it help alleviate symptoms of it ?
I'm not sure. I added turmeric until there was a tint. and you should slice 3 or 4 garlic cloves. This would help those who have wet fowl pox & alleviate the symptoms. It worked for me

Hi everyone. I had a bird that i just happen to notice a lesion in her mouth. Does this look like canker or wet pox? If so what is my next course of action?

Also i apologize for the poor photos😅
What symptoms was this hen exhibiting that made you look inside the beak?

Not eating/drinking, lethargic....? What made you look?

Is that material still there after she's had something to eat/drink?

Back
Top Bottom