cayuga duck thread

Pics

My first Cayugas, Willow and Daffy the first day i got them from Metzer Farms. My icon is them at one year. They are both gone now, unfortunately.

Now I have two of their offspring, Pip and Abigail. I'll have to upload some pictures of them on here.

Im in need of help . I just got two ducks and i left them both in there coop last night and one of them came up missing. So know the duck that i have isnt wanting to eat , i dont know what to do . I try feeding it carriots but nothing .. the duck i have is only 5 weeks. I dot know what to do . Im only used to haveing chickens.. im so stress im so worried . Please someone help .

My first Cayugas, Willow and Daffy the first day i got them from Metzer Farms. My icon is them at one year. They are both gone now, unfortunately. Now I have two of their offspring, Pip and Abigail. I'll have to upload some pictures of them on here.
Hello there i just got two ducks and unfortunately last night one of them cam up missing so now i have a lonely duck who is not wanting ro eat . I dont know why i only have chickens. Im jjst in need of somw help . I dont how to feed it cause it doesnt want to eat off plate .. idk if i need ro make its foos into a liquid and grabbed a syringe and put it in his mouth .. im not sure but do you have any idea on what i have to do .

Was the coop not secure????
(Obviously not)
Better fix it up fast, because if a predator got the first one it will be back for the other one tonight.
And ducks are not big carrot fans. Try peas or mealworms. But only as treats. What are you feeding for food?

Im in need of help . I just got two ducks and i left them both in there coop last night and one of them came up missing. So know the duck that i have isnt wanting to eat , i dont know what to do . I try feeding it carriots but nothing .. the duck i have is only 5 weeks. I dot know what to do . Im only used to haveing chickens.. im so stress im so worried . Please someone help .

They'll eat unmedicated chick starter if you have any and constant access to water. What have you been feeding them?

My ducks wouldn't touch a carrot with a ten foot pole. They much prefer salad greens. They love mealworms as a treat.

So these must be Cayuga instead of Pekin!

The eggs in the background of the first photo are a greyish white about the size of a med to large hen egg. So far they have not hatched.
Adding a photo of the three babies all fluffed up today. Do they look like Cayuga or something else? They are adorable.

Last edited:
So these must be Cayuga instead of Pekin! The eggs in the background of the first photo are a greyish white about the size of a med to large hen egg. So far they have not hatched. Adding a photo of the three babies all fluffed up today. Do they look like Cayuga or something else? They are adorable.
They definitely do not look like Cayugas, at least not pure. Cayugas are solid black as ducklings. But they sure are absolutely adorable!!! This is my Cayuga, Fiona, as a bitty girl

Back
Top Bottom