Ceramic chickens and other animals, pots, etc

Pics
Wow! The gnome is a big project! What clay are you using, and is your kitchen also your studio space?
Several years ago I was making little clay fairy houses & mini gnomes.
I have a separate studio not far from the house, but running ac in the heat is expensive, so i just work in clay in the evenings. Our log cabin has a big area that connects with the kitchen, so i can watch tv while i work.
I just use clay from the lady who teaches classes in Danville, VA. She has a red clay with grit, and a smooth white clay. I can get the names of them if you like.

I have a separate studio not far from the house, but running ac in the heat is expensive, so i just work in clay in the evenings. Our log cabin has a big area that connects with the kitchen, so i can watch tv while i work.
I just use clay from the lady who teaches classes in Danville, VA. She has a red clay with grit, and a smooth white clay. I can get the names of them if you like.
Thanks for the info, I was mostly curious if you are using earthenware or stoneware. I get clay at Clayworks in Richmond. I have a tiny workspace, also without ac or heat.

Looking forward to seeing your dragon and gnome all finished!

Thanks for the info, I was mostly curious if you are using earthenware or stoneware. I get clay at Clayworks in Richmond. I have a tiny workspace, also without ac or heat.

Looking forward to seeing your dragon and gnome all finished!
There is ac and heat in my studio, i just hate to run it since there is high electric demand in summer.
Not sure about type of clay, but i can ask.
20221128_144806.jpg

My studio being delivered!

Back
Top Bottom