Checking-In On Peeps - Post Here To Say Hello!

Hi, sorry, just saw this message.
Been busy with work and the Ducks are keeping my quite busy too!
Ammy has her new feathers coming through, so she's being very standoffish. Trying my best not to be offended.
It's very cold here, as it's the middle of Winter.
Thanks for checking in. I hope Ammy is fully feathered soon.

Hello
We have such a vibrant community here at BYC... tons of active friendly members. Of course, life gets busy, so I was thinking it would be fun to start a thread welcoming some of our peeps we haven't heard from in a while.

If that's you, come say hello and let us know what you've been up to. :)

(if that's not you, feel free to invite peeps you haven't seen in a while and say hi to those that post here)
Hello there! Sorry for the late reply to this. Thanks for checking in. All is going well here! Raised some new chicks this spring ☺️

Attachments

• IMG_3204.jpeg
    IMG_3204.jpeg
    478.3 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_3115.jpeg
    IMG_3115.jpeg
    326.5 KB · Views: 2
Hello!
We are still here and still enjoying reading the forum, especially when we need good advice!
IMG_6298.jpg
Here is a photo of dust bath time for our two Brahma hens and the Wynodotte hen, with our Leghorn, Molly, watching.

Hello!
We are still here and still enjoying reading the forum, especially when we need good advice!View attachment 3868176 Here is a photo of dust bath time for our two Brahma hens and the Wynodotte hen, with our Leghorn, Molly, watching.
It is so cute to see them dust bathing!

I have 2 new babies….went the totally organic route this time since I have a Roo now that’s not aggressive! So out of 5 eggs I got 2 hatches and they’re doing great! I have mom and chicks separated from the rest of the flock because I was concerned that my other hens would harm the babies. They’re about 4 weeks old. IMG_9617.jpeg IMG_9605.jpeg

Last edited:
I have 2 new babies….went the totally organic route this time since I have a Roo now that’s not aggressive! So out of 5 eggs I got 2 hatches and they’re doing great! I have mom and chicks separated from the rest of the flock because I was concerned that my other hens would harm the babies. They’re about 4 weeks old. View attachment 3868558View attachment 3868559
Congratulations!

Hi! It has been a busy spring this far. It's hot here in Nebraska already with lots of severe weather. I got a few handfuls of chicks from bomgaars this year, one of which turns out is not, in fact, a pullet (as indicated) but a roo. So I'm currently trying to figure out how,if I can, integrate him along with my flock that has a rooster.
My flock has dwindled to 4 hens(my elderly women been dropping like flies lol)and Jimmy the rooster. Adding 11 new hens and the one young rooster I expect won't be ideal. Although I've done it before, Jimmy has become quite the... Individual? And I don't think he'll be that inviting of said youngin.
Also had quite a few chicks die this yearnot the whole lot of them like last year, but enough that my vet had me take 3 of them to the university for necropsy. As I suspected, it was mereks and one oddly enough had a parasite infestation. So bleaching and almost 150yo hen house was interesting and apparently ineffective. Anyway, at 10-14 weeks, I'm hoping to be out of the woods so to speak.
BZck to the integration of the littles to the bigs.. they can all see each other in the hen house but have been separated. The littles have been going out the window to their yard for weeks now, returning to roost as expected. I've included a picture from today to see if anyone has suggestions. They seem to really want out to get the real free range experience, and it's normally how my flock exists.
Thanks for the email inviting me to check in. It's a great community and I love it here. I've learned so much. Have a great summer everyone!
Alex

Attachments

• 17190749300202277041510589840230.jpg
    17190749300202277041510589840230.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 1

Back
Top Bottom