Checking-In On Peeps - Post Here To Say Hello!

Pics
We have such a vibrant community here at BYC... tons of active friendly members. Of course, life gets busy, so I was thinking it would be fun to start a thread welcoming some of our peeps we haven't heard from in a while.

If that's you, come say hello and let us know what you've been up to. :)

(if that's not you, feel free to invite peeps you haven't seen in a while and say hi to those that post here)
Still raising birds: Large and Bantam chickens, pigeons, doves, finches and quail

Hi . The tornados and really bad storms missed us here in northeast Nebraska today. Thanks for reaching out to me. Yes it's been a very busy time since Christmas. My barred rock hen has a creamy diarrhea that stays on her feathers. The other 3 hens are fine. Any hints before I check with my vet! Thanks for any suggestions.
@extrailrider Its possible your birds could have Coccidiosis, you might start a thread in our Emergency forums for more help... https://www.backyardchickens.com/forums/emergencies-diseases-injuries-and-cures.10/

We have such a vibrant community here at BYC... tons of active friendly members. Of course, life gets busy, so I was thinking it would be fun to start a thread welcoming some of our peeps we haven't heard from in a while.

(if that's not you, feel free to invite peeps you haven't seen in a while and say hi to those that post here)
Hi. Thanks for reaching out. I joined this group after reading The Songe of If - a beautiful philosophical story about the lives of a hen and rooster. It inspired me to set up my own backyard chickens. I recommend it for anyone in the group. But because of Covid and other life changes, I've had to cut back temporarily, but hope to bring them back soon. Thanks again.

Hey all! Thanks for checking in. Right now I’ve got a little guy with one eye and extreme scissor beak, we’re trying to decide between the names Popeye or Mike Wazowski.
@BuggerChicken01 Aww poor little guy. :hugs He's definitely going to need special care with feeding and drinking. I know someone that may be able to help...

@Liz Birdlover

I was going through my now old email today and saw something like (above). I haven’t been active on here in… I don’t quite know. I honestly thought I deleted this account then. I shared my chickens with my now ex. Once we broke up we parted ways. But I’m sad to inform everyone I am going to miss my chickens especially the bantam chicken. We got the bantams and brought them to there new home/coop. One week you could tell she was overly stressed from the 13 bigger bigs and 2 roosters ( only girl bantam who’s small). She looked horrifically sick to the point of not even pooping. Fixed her up and after that she loved me. Loved her so much I bought a mug that says Faith :). No matter what she’s with me.

Loved this group. Always helpful to those who need it. #greatful #blessed

Still staying super busy breeding silkies over here at Hackle Haven 🙂

Attachments

• IMG_3544.jpeg
    IMG_3544.jpeg
    810.8 KB · Views: 2

Back
Top Bottom