Checking-In On Peeps - Post Here To Say Hello!

Pics
We have such a vibrant community here at BYC... tons of active friendly members. Of course, life gets busy, so I was thinking it would be fun to start a thread welcoming some of our peeps we haven't heard from in a while.

If that's you, come say hello and let us know what you've been up to. :)

(if that's not you, feel free to invite peeps you haven't seen in a while and say hi to those that post here)
We run a small hotel and our 7 girls and 1 boy bring lots of pleasure to the families who stay here. Fresh eggs for the guests in the morning is a big plus for visitors who travel from large cities.

Attachments

• 370ee05c-4e50-4adb-ac60-2e1d9d806fd3.jpeg
    370ee05c-4e50-4adb-ac60-2e1d9d806fd3.jpeg
    205 KB · Views: 0
  • 1d84ab0e-04c3-450b-95df-98979a957871.jpeg
    1d84ab0e-04c3-450b-95df-98979a957871.jpeg
    584.6 KB · Views: 0
We have such a vibrant community here at BYC... tons of active friendly members. Of course, life gets busy, so I was thinking it would be fun to start a thread welcoming some of our peeps we haven't heard from in a while.

(if that's not you, feel free to invite peeps you haven't seen in a while and say hi to those that post here)
HI back..still here..

Hi! This is a great idea, and got me to check back in! We lost our remaining old girls last spring to a stupid weasel (including my 8yr old hen who sirvived bear attack!). We've missed having the birds though and are planning on getting some more once we rethink our coop, and finish up some other work around the yard. We've been debating over what breed we want to try out this time since we're starting from 0 again!
Another blast from the past!
Welcome back!

Hey Hey! Been super busy working but I am trying my hand at Silkies this year. They are almost ready to go out to the big coop with the big girls ( separated of course) Can’t wait to see if any of them are roosters! Thanks for checking in!

Attachments

• IMG_3720.jpeg
    IMG_3720.jpeg
    572.5 KB · Views: 2

Looks like I'm not the only one that's been incognito. I don't have any recent photos of my chickens. We are down to 4 from 15. We've had a resident coyote systematically cull my flock this past year. I believe a neighbor finally was able to "trap it". I've decided to replenish the flock with Easter Eggers. We have two that have managed to escape the predators because they are well, "chicken" and hide and run from everything. And they are fast. I've favored Isa Browns, because they are friendly and great layers. But I think they are inviting the predators in for lunch only to meet their demise. It's been a tough year for chickens on our two acre homestead.

Well, this spring started off rough with losing three hens for different reasons but still a bummer losing any ever. I still have the other chickens, still love them, still love providing local wholesome eggs to friends and family. Have been busy unfortunately with medical issues (cancer in my eye lid that has to be removed and other family has some problems too), and on a happier note just got our garden started so we are really fighting the weeds to keep them from getting established (I'm looking at you, Bermuda grass or wire grass or whatever you're called). Still very much enjoy this website and community. Attaching picks of the flock currently.

Attachments

• IMG_5338.jpeg
    IMG_5338.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_5255.jpeg
    IMG_5255.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4135.jpeg
    IMG_4135.jpeg
    933.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4365.jpeg
    IMG_4365.jpeg
    864.2 KB · Views: 0
Hi everybody! I'm here to check in with you all after a while. Right now I'm chilling with my cayuga duck and blue swedish drake (who has recently become obsessed with his own reflection after he discovered it in a ground-level window!) I'm hoping to dig a pond soon and add some more members to our flock. (It's also looking to be a good bee season for us, just caught a new swarm!)

Attachments

• WhosThatDuck.jpg
    WhosThatDuck.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 0
  • LotsaBees.jpg
    LotsaBees.jpg
    380.3 KB · Views: 0
Hi All,
Busy, yes, but also big changes for us. We moved to Panama (yes, the country) and no longer have the opportunity to have chickens. I do want everyone to know, though, that I cherish the friendships and timely information that BYC provided me when I was a newby. You folks saved me LOTS of time and mistakes with your helpful information. Good days to you all !!! Ruth

It's been busy at the West family homestead and the school where I work. We just completed a hatch at the school with eggs from my home flock and are currently enlarging our run and coop to accept these chicks into my school flock.

My home flock is doing great and LOVING the spring weather and the green sprouts around the yard.

I have now been deemed the crazy chicken lady, and I'm proudly wearing that hat. 👒🐥

Wishing you all the best day! Keep clucking!

Attachments

• 20231124_140417.jpg
    20231124_140417.jpg
    891.5 KB · Views: 1
  • 20240220_165229.jpg
    20240220_165229.jpg
    967.3 KB · Views: 1
  • 20240417_104910.jpg
    20240417_104910.jpg
    599.8 KB · Views: 2

Back
Top Bottom