Checking-In On Peeps - Post Here To Say Hello!

Pics
We have such a vibrant community here at BYC... tons of active friendly members. Of course, life gets busy, so I was thinking it would be fun to start a thread welcoming some of our peeps we haven't heard from in a while.

If that's you, come say hello and let us know what you've been up to. :)

(if that's not you, feel free to invite peeps you haven't seen in a while and say hi to those that post here)
Hello, I have 9 hens. We use pine shavings in the coop and laying area. The always kick them out of laying area so I am wondering if they don't like them in there. What else can I use that they may tolerate? Thanks

Hey all! Thanks for checking in. Right now I’ve got a little guy with one eye and extreme scissor beak, we’re trying to decide between the names Popeye or Mike Wazowski.
Oh, poor baby! Popeye is a nice name for her. I bet she's going to get a lot of love from you. 🥰

Went to the FL Keys on an anniversary trip with my husband last month, and we were amused to learn that chickens run wild through the keys, even in cities like Key West.

Back home, successfully treated my first case of bumblefoot, and it makes me laugh every time our chickens help themselves into our open house doors.
@MrsPulcher beautiful flock photos! ❤️

Hello!

Thanks for reaching out. Spring has sprung and the farm is busy. Raising some babies, as always. Chicks and kids (humans and goat kids 😝).
IMG_4715.jpeg
IMG_4824.jpeg
IMG_4810.jpeg
IMG_4687.jpeg

Got 9 at the moment and all great layers! Awesome mix of breeds and a nice variety of egg colors… a Cinnamon Queen, Tetra Tint, Amberlink, Ancona, Buff Orpington, 2 Barred Rocks, and 2 Easter Eggers.
Photo is Maude, our Ancona

Attachments

• 2CCFE182-9EA7-4B07-87B8-88594467D000.jpeg
    2CCFE182-9EA7-4B07-87B8-88594467D000.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 4
  • IMG_4859.jpeg
    IMG_4859.jpeg
    414.5 KB · Views: 2
Got 9 at the moment and all great layers! Awesome mix of breeds and a nice variety of egg colors… a Cinnamon Queen, Tetra Tint, Amberlink, Ancona, Buff Orpington, 2 Barred Rocks, and 2 Easter Eggers.
Photo is Maude, our Ancona
Welcome back! Tetra Tint was one of the first breeds of chickens that I had.
Aw, Maude is so pretty! 🥰 Thanks for sharing.

We've had a rough year and are down to just one hen and one roo. Ginger is the hen, she's just turned 4. No. 2 is the roo, he's just turned 3.

I don't even know where to start with everything, but I can list everyone we've lost and how we lost them. The most recent was Jem and her lone chick last spring; all that was left was a flurry of feathers so I'm sure Jem went down fighting (she was the one who was most likely to go after anyone who got too close to her babies when she and Crow hatched No. 1 and No. 2). Not sure if it was a falcon or a coyote, but I suspect a falcon as there's one living nearby who has decided to try picking off the pigeons living in our roof.

Back
Top Bottom