Checking-In On Peeps - Post Here To Say Hello!

Pics
Hello, yes it's been a while!
We changed Jobs, we worked in the house( New kitchen, up grated the bathroom, insulated the roof, and some other stuff you see on the way)
We had a daughter in 2022 who changed our lives in the best wau possible!
And I'm getting 2 more chicken this week!
So life has been good! 😁😁
Congrats on the baby girl! Does she like helping with the chickens yet?

Hey, y’all sorry I haven’t been around in awhile. Life’s been incredibly busy with my first year of college and work. I’m a week away from officially completing my first year of school! Because of this I’ve turned most of the gardening and chicken rearing over to another family member so not many updates there. I hope to get back involved with it over the summer while I’m on break though.
Great to see you again!!

Ya, college can be a LOT! Glad you have someone else tending to your flock and garden. Looking forward to seeing you more during your break this summer!

It's been quite some time since I've stopped in but still here! No chicks yet since our weather has been too crazy for the hens to commit to sitting but there's goats kids, piglets, and rabbit kits. View attachment 3813046View attachment 3813047View attachment 3813050View attachment 3813051View attachment 3813054
We love rabbits! What kind do you have? My dummy:
045091ce-d30d-42a4-97e2-b032126d32e9.jpg

Hi, thanks for reaching out. Sadly, I no longer have chickens since last June. It was sad parting with them, but had to sell them when told that my parents' house I've lived in for past 17+ years is being sold by my mother's guardian to help pay Medicaid back. My mom has been living in a nursing home since March 2020, and is in late stage of Alzheimer's. I don't know where I'm going to live, so don't know if I can ever have chickens again, though I hope someday in the future I can have some. For now I need to worry about finding a place to live and improving my physical and mental health.

Best wishes to all,
Sonia
I hope you find a good place to live next week! Hang in there Sonia.
:hugs

We have such a vibrant community here at BYC... tons of active friendly members. Of course, life gets busy, so I was thinking it would be fun to start a thread welcoming some of our peeps we haven't heard from in a while.

If that's you, come say hello and let us know what you've been up to. :)

(if that's not you, feel free to invite peeps you haven't seen in a while and say hi to those that post here)
Well, I started travel Nursing and had to give my birds to my bestie as my family was not loving them appropriately with me away. Now I go visit them at the farm when I'm home. They are really happy, but I miss having them in my yard. In the meantime, I get to live vicariously through you all.

I have been very busy. I'm glad you understand. Everything here has been healthy and wonderful and no concerns as of now. Thank you for reaching out. I really appreciate the backyard Chicken village. The five cats and two dogs and 23 chickens are getting along
Those are some floofy dogs, what kind are they?

We have such a vibrant community here at BYC... tons of active friendly members. Of course, life gets busy, so I was thinking it would be fun to start a thread welcoming some of our peeps we haven't heard from in a while.

If that's you, come say hello and let us know what you've been up to. :)

(if that's not you, feel free to invite peeps you haven't seen in a while and say hi to those that post here)
Hello! We hatched out 3 chicks in the fall who all turned out to be hens, Score! One is super friendly, she runs over to me chatting, does the submit pose and lets me pet her. I'm in Ohio so as the weather changes I add shade cloth and roll up plastic....Trying to keep it cool in the warmer temps for them.

Hey guys!! I’ve definitely been busy, but I’ve got new birds!!

I currently have about 20 Rhode Island reds (2 are roosters), 7 australorps (5 black, 2 blue - all hens), a few Cochin bantams I recently got (Birchen, mottled, and self blue), an old English, a Japanese bantam, 2 Easter Eggers I’ve had running around for a while, and some blue birds that were labels as blue austalorp pullets at TSC, but 2 are roosters and have red on them as well as the blue coloring. I guess I should know by now to not buy my chicks from TSC by now. 😂 Oh, and I still have my Bielefelder rooster Bean!

I also recently got ducks to put in our pond eventually, and they are adorable!
Wow, you've really been busy with all those new additions! How are they adjusting? Always a pleasure to see members expanding their feathered families. Looking forward to your updates and stories about all your birds. BTW, LOVE the happy dog pic in the background. LOL!

Welcome back!

Thanks for checking in. It's been a while but unfortunately during the pandemic and starting a new job at the time, I lost my only house hen to a coyote during the day in the yard. It was super sad and I have moved to a new home now, still settling in and finding a new housemate, but hope to adopt a couple hens again soon.
So sorry for your loss. :hugs :hugs

Back
Top Bottom