Chicken Breed Focus - Sultan

This is our sultan named, Sultan. She was the only one of the sultan breed we have ever had but she was so sweet and one of our favorite chickens. We even took her to the vet when she got sick. When the other chickens were laying she would go sit next to them like a little nurse. She lived for about eight years. I highly recommend this breed.
6FE9BF90-BDD5-4C31-92EE-E16E2525DA18.jpeg

This is our sultan named, Sultan. She was the only one of the sultan breed we have ever had but she was so sweet and one of our favorite chickens. We even took her to the vet when she got sick. When the other chickens were laying she would go sit next to them like a little nurse. She lived for about eight years. I highly recommend this breed.View attachment 2093428
Our Matty is of the same disposition! Long live the Sultan :hugs

This is my mixed sultan, Duckie. She is my favorite bird that we have and she doesn't care if I carry her around or pet her. I would definitely recommend this breed for children or if you want a show chicken.View attachment 2096021
(She's in a costume because we were about to enter her in a chicken pageant)
OMG! How lovely!!

Yah, Sultans are just beyond fabulous. Mine goes in the car for school drop off/pick up and the grocery store.

This photo of yours...I especially love because it reminds me of my daughter. She makes all sorts of 'dress' for the chickens. Even diapers.

Tell Duckie that my Matty of the same breed says "good night and good cluck!"

OMG! How lovely!!

Yah, Sultans are just beyond fabulous. Mine goes in the car for school drop off/pick up and the grocery store.

This photo of yours...I especially love because it reminds me of my daughter. She makes all sorts of 'dress' for the chickens. Even diapers.

Tell Duckie that my Matty of the same breed says "good night and good cluck!"
Thanks! I will

I love sultans! I cant find a roo though and I think that's kinda tragic. This is Omari my only juvenile but I have two adults theybare just not as perfect as she is. I would love to find a rooster to mate with them and make some pure babies but since I cant we want to see what they look like crossed with our black silkie rooster they share a lot of physical traits so I'm hoping they turn out adorable.

Attachments

• 20200709_094956.jpg
    20200709_094956.jpg
    830.8 KB · Views: 7
I love sultans! I cant find a roo though and I think that's kinda tragic. This is Omari my only juvenile but I have two adults theybare just not as perfect as she is. I would love to find a rooster to mate with them and make some pure babies but since I cant we want to see what they look like crossed with our black silkie rooster they share a lot of physical traits so I'm hoping they turn out adorable.
I may have a roo, he’s 8 weeks right now so not 100%. I’m in the Bay Area. Didn’t see what area of the country you were in.

Back
Top Bottom