chicken cannibalism

Pretty birds. I don't think they are speckled sussex, though. Have they been sexed, or are they straight run? It may be that the roosters are just starting to fight amongst themselves. Otherwise, I agree with what everyone else has said, here... they don't appear to be overcrowded in the pictures. It looks like a very nice set-up. (And one would think that being outside in the grass would give them something to entertain themselves with!)

hu.gif

Thanks for all the help. Things have seemed to settle down. I put the injured birds back in with everyone else and they seem to be leaving them alone. The agressive ones seem to change every day from the speckled ones to the black ones with gold and then some of the others.

I thought that having more space and grass would be entertaining for them as well. I have also tied some coke cans and washers to the fence for something to peck at.

We are going to have to get their permanent home finished soon as they are learning to fly

I am glad as well. Fixing to have to put them inside as we are under a tornado watch and suppose to have very severe storms. If it gets too severe the husband won't be too happy helping me get the chickens down into the cellar.

And send the tornadoes my way so I can chase them (as long as they're in an open field and not bothering any houses or crops...no people or animals hurt please)!

Everything has been happening "out west" this year.

We're in Oklahoma and chase for a newsstation whenever there's storms in our viewing area.

Kristi

Well we missed all of the action but some towns west of us were damaged. Tulia, Hereford, Cactus, and Olton were all hit by tornados. They sounded the siren last night and we all headed for the cellar. Did not have time to grab chickens just the 5 dogs.

With tornados starting this early it is going to be a fun season

Back
Top Bottom