Chicken Laying wrong color egg?!

What you're looking for is an Ameraucana not "Americana". Americana are just Easter Eggers and can lay any color egg.
I've heard people say there is a couple hatcheries that sale true Ameraucana.
Idk which ones they are but if they're the real deal they will not be priced at $3 or $4 more like $12 and up I would guess.
Oh and Ameraucana only lay blue eggs so if it says blue or green eggs its not an Ameraucana.

Easter Eggers are often mistaken or sold as ameraucanas. Easier Eggers lay a variety of colors, blue, green, olive, and brown. Sounds like you have an Easter Egger that lays brown ones, but you could always paint them :D

Welcome glad you joined us it is the sad truth but the only way to get a true
ameracauna is to buy from a breeder I am sorry to say

Easter eggers can come in all colors and patterns imaginable (they are really pretty and I love that no two look the same!)....ameraucanas are typically black, blue, or sometimes splash. These photos look like easter eggers. Easter eggers can lay blue/green eggs, and they can lay brown eggs. Sounds like you will have a pretty basket of eggs to collect from your girls!

Ok. The bottom one, Lucy, had her egg hatched out by a bantam and the baby is all grown up now and has beautiful fiery orange feathers. Her dad is white. She lays green eggs. My egg basket is a rainbow. I have white, light and dark brown, green, dark blue, and sky blue.

Back
Top Bottom