chicken meat vs pheasant meat

FoodKillah

Songster
9 Years
Jul 12, 2010
Mediterranean Sea
I would like to hear from experienced people the pros and cons of keeping pheasants for meat or chickens for meat.

I also have some questions like, is the pheasant meat tastier than chicken or does it taste like.. chicken? I heard chicken is better but in what way? Do they lay eggs daily like chickens?

Would you give up your chicken flock to start a pheasant flock? And why?

Thats all
big_smile.png

Quote:
Better how? Taste? Texture? Ease of processing? Ease of raising? Feed conversion?

I've never eaten, or even been around, a pheasant so I'm at a total loss.

taste, ease of processing, easy to raise once they become old enough to go out side is when they become old enough be eaten

thats cool, i was thinking of getting pheasants but my wife busted me making that topic earlier and said "no" because we already have a bobwhite quail (IN THE HOUSE) singing and pisses her off (MY quail interacts with the rooster, when he crows, the quail sings too, i LOVE this kind of noise)

only if that pheasant we saw three days ago in a coop down the road was silent for a second...but he wouldnt stop crowing like a beast
big_smile.png

well you all know i will still get at least one pheasant! (for my wife) hehehe *evil*

thanks for ur inputs, i v learned something
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom