Chicken neglect

amilly1992

Hatching
Oct 28, 2024
Hi there, I was going to post in the FB group, but I have mutual friends that are in the group that will tell my brother. He’s the type of person that “knows better than you.” My question is, is there an anonymous number/person to contact to report neglecting chickens? They wont prevent them attacking the others and their backs are RAW skin and they never feed water them when needed. My brother wont listen to us in regards to anything, and I don’t like seeing animals abused.

Attachments

• IMG_2389.jpeg
    IMG_2389.jpeg
    570.2 KB · Views: 33
I am pretty sure you can post in the facebook group as anonymous so others wont know about it. I would document EVERYTHING that happens with the chickens with photos and videos. I would call animal control for neglect when they have gone without water or food for a day and give them photos. It hurts to see these poor babies like this but there isn’t much to be able to be done without animal control. Animal control may not do much for chickens as they are well, chickens. But you can try.

I am pretty sure you can post in the facebook group as anonymous so others wont know about it. I would document EVERYTHING that happens with the chickens with photos and videos. I would call animal control for neglect when they have gone without water or food for a day and give them photos. It hurts to see these poor babies like this but there isn’t much to be able to be done without animal control. Animal control may not do much for chickens as they are well, chickens. But you can try.
I actually tried to post anonymously in the group but there was no option to post anonymously! I feel stuck and feel horrible for these chickens! I feel like animal control would (if they even take them) would put them in a small cage and they wouldn’t be “any better.”

I actually tried to post anonymously in the group but there was no option to post anonymously! I feel stuck and feel horrible for these chickens! I feel like animal control would (if they even take them) would put them in a small cage and they wouldn’t be “any better.”
Animal control usually gives them to the nearest humane society and at least then, they will be well fed and watered.

It is caused by roosters being too aggressive. They won’t even try to help the situation and get a chicken apron or anything.
That kind of feather loss can be caused by roosters that are young and simply don’t know what they are doing or it can be a rooster who prefers certain hens over others. The rooster does not have to be aggressive at all to cause feather damage because it is caused by the rubbing motion when mating. While it doesn’t look pretty it’s not considered neglect because it is just feather damage. Feathers are keratin like your hair or fingernails. Again not pretty, but not flesh wounds either. There is food and water in your picture so I am a little confused on that aspect. How often does he feed and water them? Many people only feed once or twice a day and just top off the waterers as needed.

Back
Top Bottom