Chickenstock fiesta yardsale August 21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just jumping in for the pool thing...Target has these inflatable pools that are about 6ft by 4ft and 2.5ft deep...perfect for kids AND grownups alike. We got ours for $25 but if there are any left, I bet they'd be on sale...sometimes Kmart has the same ones...one year I got one for 10 bucks.
smile.png

Also, an update on the chicks I got at the June swap...they are doing great! I was a little concerned about the 2 D'uccles as they seemed pretty...hmmm, lethargic? Sort of weakish. But in a few days they perked up and are just the SWEETEST chickens ever! They are my new favorite breed
smile.png
The other 2 chicks we got are doing wonderfully as well, and they are all living happily together. 2 of my 'teenagers' from the group have become part of their little pack and they all are in the yard togehter with no issues. I still have the babies sleeping separately, but I think in another 2 weeks or so they can all live together. I will say, I say my 2 D'Uccles chest butting...though one is a girl and one is a boy...I am hoping this is a fluke...it is a fluke right????

Quote:
Hens will chest butt as well as roosters, especially for some thought out indiscretions. I have hens that do it all the time

My cohicn hen came into the coop and chest butted the EE roo!

Quote:
lol, some girls will chest bunt, i had 1 hen that always beat up a polish rooster like she was a roo.
and now i have some banty hens that have ben getting cranky with each other and fighting like the roosters do. brats

Quote:
oh god, i hope my grandfather doesnt see them
lau.gif

i know there is a few days left, but post up the chicken swap meet for the club.

I had 2 OEGB hens hatch eggs in secret so I have some OEGB/Bantam Mottled Cochin and Dutch/Bantam Mottled Cochin chicks I need to find homes for (15 or so chicks). The chicks will all be banty size. About 5 are barred in color, the rest look to be black or black mottled. Boys and girls. All have feather legs. Free to good home- would like them to go in batch of 6 or more. Pets/breeder/egg homes only. Can meet at Shays or I'm located in Franklin, MA.
Tammie

I will be on the hunt for eggs....I have 2 bators that will be empty by the time of Shay's next swap....Good Lord never thought they would be empty!! Any who I want to fill them up and do one last hatch for the year.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom