Chicks lost in the mail - is there any chance they're still alive?

I have a feeling whoever was expecting those chicks would not have a problem with it when they came to pick them up.
I hear you, but I just couldn't.

My post office let me into storage after hours (I missed the delivery) when I told them I had live shrimp in there and that they would freeze. That is illegal too, but as soon as they heard they were live creatures it was ok.
I was the one expecting them ... and I had more of a problem with the "Do Not Open" policy than I would EVER have had with someone checking on them!
When the "free replacements" came, they were also delayed, but only by three days in milder weather. I met the truck at the Post Office and opened the box right away - right in front of the service desk. They were stressed, but alive - two just barely. Every single chick got a dose of electrolytes and a thorough inspection, right in the middle of the service lobby.
They all survived that time, but I will NEVER mail-order live chicks again. If I can't get hatching eggs or pick up the peeps in person, I'll do without!

Just wanted to post a quick (and happy!) update! The tracking updated this morning, which I didn't notice until noon (the post office did not call as they'd promised to, but oh well). We went to go pick them up fully prepared for 15 dead birds, but were greeted with loud peeping! Only 2 arrived dead and 3 died shortly after bringing them home, so I now have 10 chicks! Which is 10 more than I thought I'd have yesterday. Thanks so much everyone for the sympathy :love
We need pictures of them!

Back
Top Bottom