Chronic Wry Neck?

What did you treat with, the dose and for how long?

The poop has a lot of mucous. If you can, take a sample to your vet for a fecal float to see if she needs to be treated for Coccidiosis.

Corid is the standard treatment for Coccidiosis, but you can also use Toltrazuril or a sulfa antibiotic.

I agree, she may also have Wry Neck. I'd give the vitamin therapy.

What did you treat with, the dose and for how long?

The poop has a lot of mucous. If you can, take a sample to your vet for a fecal float to see if she needs to be treated for Coccidiosis.

Corid is the standard treatment for Coccidiosis, but you can also use Toltrazuril or a sulfa antibiotic.

I agree, she may also have Wry Neck. I'd give the vitamin therapy.
I did corrid in fresh water daily for 7 days. I don't remember the dose but it was the treat it dose not the preventative one.
So when I did that, at the end of corrid she had bad wry neck, I gave the selenium vitamin e paste and she was back to normal in 48 hours and find since then.

Leading up to her being like this, they all caught fowl pox. One had a bad respiratory infection on top of that. Vet gave tylan for water, I seperated her and stopped the tylan and switched to vitamins and electrolytes.

Just trying to give her entire background in case something I say helps

Does she still have any symptoms of respiratory infection or ear infection? You've looked inside her ears and made sure there's no pus? An ear infection can definitely cause balance and other issues.

You stopped the Tylan for her and just gave vitamins/electrolytes? How many days of Tylan did she have?

I'd get a fecal float and see if she needs to be treated for Coccidiosis.

Does she still have any symptoms of respiratory infection or ear infection? You've looked inside her ears and made sure there's no pus? An ear infection can definitely cause balance and other issues.

You stopped the Tylan for her and just gave vitamins/electrolytes? How many days of Tylan did she have?

I'd get a fecal float and see if she needs to be treated for Coccidiosis.
She was on tylan for about 4-5 days before I seperated her and put her inside.

And everything is closed til Monday so I won't be able to bring a fecal sample til then. Her eyes and ears look fine though, she actually didn't have respiratory problems a few of the others did. She just had a few fowl pox bumps which have mostly cleared. I seperated her because of the suspected wry neck

Shes not eating much. I did give her some eggs she just kinda pecks a little when she wakes up but mostly just drinking water. Could that cause the mucus poop?

Shes not eating much. I did give her some eggs she just kinda pecks a little when she wakes up but mostly just drinking water. Could that cause the mucus poop?
She freaks out about opening her mouth so I can't force feed her the most I could do was squeeze the vitamins on the very front of her mouth and then she would swallow it and try to wipe it off her beak

I got home from work and she's basically unresponsive so I'm not sure what to do for her 🥺 my heart is so sad. She is alive but can't stand and is just laying down

I'm sorry she's declining:hugs

Is she able to take drops of sugar water?
I don't think I can get her that without aspirating her. I just got up to check on her (330am here) I was hoping she had passed on her own but she is still unresponsive and wry neck has her head twitching.. if she hasn't passed by the morning I will probably bring her to get euthanized to end her suffering. 💔 I wish I could do it for her but I'm not strong enough

Back
Top Bottom