Clot-looking veins in fertile egg on day 7

I cant say that I have ever seen white pupils.

Was it the pupils or was it the whole eye as it could be the Nictitating Membrane (3rd eyelid) that you are looking at ?

White pupils has intrigued me but unfortunately even a search on my favourite search engine hasn't bought me any answers so maybe someone else here knows something about what is going on there.

I mean fish and stuff have white pupils after they die, but that’s usually after a while, and he couldn’t have been gone for more than an hour

I’m confused about my chicks feet, one of them has an extra toe on each foot, and the other looks like it might have claw foot, but then it stands fully up and they look fine

Extra toes happen sometimes, it can be because the chick has genetics from a 5 toe breed in its lineage somewhere or it can just be a deformity. I have one with two toes on the same knuckle, lol.

Keep an eye on the club foot, even if it is walking fine. If the toes are twisted or not straight when it stands or walks they will need taping to save the bird some trouble later on in life. If its toes are straight then just keep monitoring it to make sure that it doesn't get worse.

I think their feet are fine, but I’ll monitor them, end result for my first hatch 🐣
I’m curious about the colour

Attachments

• IMG_3977.jpeg
    IMG_3977.jpeg
    443.6 KB · Views: 2
Here’s a photo
It does look like a possible blood ring but don’t pull it out just yet wait another few days at least the only time when I know the embryo has died is when the contents inside collapses and when you move the egg everything inside swishes around fast like it’s water. A complete blood ring which runs around the whole egg is another good sign of death but your one in the pic I would wait and see if it develops any further

Back
Top Bottom