Coccidis or something else?

I assume you will be getting the meds that come in a package and powdered/soluble. Directions and dosing should be on the package. If not, then post photos of the product you have and I may be able to help you with dosing.
Either one of those should be fine. Doxy-Tyl is Doxycycline and Tylosin combo, Tylosin is just Tylosin (Tylan). Either can help treat symptoms of Mycoplasma.

I am not aware of either of those blocking vitamin absorption, but you may want to do some research.

IF you were feeding a nutritionally balanced poultry feed/chick starter, and giving the correct dosing of Corid, this really *should* not have caused the Symptom Wry Neck. Wry Neck is a neurological symptom - some common causes are Vitamin E and other nutritional deficiencies, Marek's Disease, Weak/Frail/Sickly birds/Poor Genetics and Trauma. Corid is a Thiamine Analog, which mimics B1 cand inhibits Coccidia utilization, this helps reduce numbers so the birds can build resistance. But, strange things can happen too.
Thank you! And yeah I'm really not sure what happened with her. None of them have started pecking order at all and they've been in an extra large dog kennel. The day I put them outside she started with her head between her legs and nerve spasms I got selenium and vitamin e and she literally made a 360 in 24 hours and has been fine since
Strangest thing lol

Thank you! And yeah I'm really not sure what happened with her. None of them have started pecking order at all and they've been in an extra large dog kennel. The day I put them outside she started with her head between her legs and nerve spasms I got selenium and vitamin e and she literally made a 360 in 24 hours and has been fine since
Strangest thing lol
And they're only on grower feed 🤷🏼‍♀️

Strangest thing lol

And they're only on grower feed 🤷🏼‍♀️
Oh dear, that is strange isn't it! I'm glad she improved that quickly though.

Grower feed is probably fine depending on the protein. For chicks I would stick with a feed that has at least 18% protein (or more) up until at least they come into lay.

Oh dear, that is strange isn't it! I'm glad she improved that quickly though.

Grower feed is probably fine depending on the protein. For chicks I would stick with a feed that has at least 18% protein (or more) up until at least they come into lay.
I just double checked, it's a 20% they are on. Idk what on earth happened bit hopefully won't happen again. The doxy-tyl comes in Monday!

I just double checked, it's a 20% they are on. Idk what on earth happened bit hopefully won't happen again. The doxy-tyl comes in Monday!
Same dosage or is it different for chickens?

Attachments

• Snapchat-131558585.jpg
    Snapchat-131558585.jpg
    286.1 KB · Views: 2

Back
Top Bottom