Cochin Thread!!!

Hey guys, I wasn't sure where to go with this question but maybe one of you could help me. I'm wondering if the feather legged gene in Cochins is dominant? Thanks for the help!

Hey guys, I wasn't sure where to go with this question but maybe one of you could help me. I'm wondering if the feather legged gene in Cochins is dominant? Thanks for the help!
Yes, but Cochin crosses tend to have less profuse shank/foot feathering. The middle toe may be only partially feathered

Yes, but Cochin crosses tend to have less profuse shank/foot feathering. The middle toe may be only partially feathered
Thanks! Mine is from a hatchery... I was just wondering because I hatched some chicks and one is my Turken's chick but I was trying to figure out which of the roosters was the dad. I have a black Cochin and a BLRW. The chick doesn't have feathers on it's foot and it's light colored so I bet it was my BLRW.

Well, they're here ... all the way from Lynn in CA and not a feather harmed. These are for my Buff Barred Cochin project. I was so relieved when I picked them up at the post office and heard them peeping in the box. The rooster is even more beautiful in "person" and so are the pullets.

I have five hens, one is a Cochin. A friend has a baby Cochin that might be a boy. If so, she can't keep him in the city, and has offered him to me. I have had bad roos and do not want another. How are Cochin roosters, in your experience, temperament wise?

My roo is amazing. He will perch on your arm and let you pet him all day. Very gentle and very pretty

Back
Top Bottom