@DobieLover, one of the best things I did for myself was find an Alzheimer's support group and started to attend the once every two week get togethers.

It was amazing to discover that you aren't alone and everyone there is experiencing the same thing you are as a caregiver.

We laughed, we cried, we helped one another get through the rough patches. I can honestly say those folks helped me tremendously.

Good for you Shad ... About 1 1/2 years after Wayne died Ma decided she was done, she wanted to join him ... Sepsis set in .. I had moved on with my life I was in a 5th wheel in a park and she spent the week with me something was amiss .. then my old flame stepped back in my life the three of us moved here.. She wanted to come see the new house but had stopped driving .. We brought her here had a hell of a time getting her to take her meds, she fell out of bed peed herself all went downhill from there.... Withing about 4 weeks she was placed in nursing home Dr. said the type of sepsis had taken her mind.. Within 6 month she went to join Wayne

@DobieLover, one of the best things I did for myself was find an Alzheimer's support group and started to attend the once every two week get togethers.

It was amazing to discover that you aren't alone and everyone there is experiencing the same thing you are as a caregiver.

We laughed, we cried, we helped one another get through the rough patches. I can honestly say those folks helped me tremendously.
Unfortunately with all that is on my plate with having to work, finish and sell my dad's house and finish my own house, that's not in the cards for me at this time.

I hope that his kids and siblings will take him for another vacation this year so I can focus on getting the roof on my house. It's desperately past due.

Back
Top Bottom