Color and pattern help

Low hybrid, no color mutation or pattern other than Wild Type.
Hi, sorry to bring up this thread after a long time, but I’m wondering.

Is this a Wild type Indian Blue, or a Spalding? I’ve seen images of spaldings that look like this one, whereas wild type Indian blues have bluer necks.

I originally bought him thinking and wanting a wild type Indian Blue

There are Greens and there are Blues, Greens do not have any mutation colors or patterns, only Blues have mutation colors and patterns. When breeding a Green to Blue you create Hybrids, in the peafowl world we are trying to correct the old habit of calling all crosses Spalding as the original Spaldings were a particular breeding by Mrs. Spalding that technically does not exist anymore. Thus we try to use the correct term of Hybrid for any peafowl that has both Green and Blue blood in its makeup no matter the percentage.

When breeding Blues, especially mutations and patterns that are recessive and revert back to the original type yet is still split we call them Wild Type as they are of the original color/pattern not showing any mutation color and or pattern.

Your cock is a low percentage Hybrid not showing any color mutation and is considered a Wild Type.

Back
Top Bottom