Colorado

You can make up all of the excuses that you want, but WE KNOW that Spring Fever has you in its grips and you just want to get out there and build something - anything!
lol.png

So, I have a question for those of you that ship a lot of eggs. Do you have to get any kind of endorsement in order to sell hatching eggs? I briefly read about NPIP, is this only for actual chicks/chickens? I have been thinking of selling my barnyard mix eggs on EBAY and maybe in classified ads. I want to be sure I am doing this the right way!
smile.png

clap.gif
2 hatched & the 2 older ones from the 1st hatch (3 weeks old) are out in coop segregated from the flock.

hu.gif
One of the new chicks has a funny leg motion. Kind of looks still. How long should I wait to see if it goes away?

Hmmm, chickens are clean compared to water fowl, guess they have never had ducks, or geese, I swore I would never have any water fowl ever again, but never say never!!! I am rethinking it for this year.

I have some call ducks for sale if you are interested.  Snowy and grey pairs.

Thanks, was considering Call ducks at one time, but looking for something more rare, such as Saxony, or the Silver Appleyard ducks. Does anyone here know if these breeds of ducks can be found in Colorado? I have not seen any in my search for them within driving distance.

So, I have a question for those of you that ship a lot of eggs. Do you have to get any kind of endorsement in order to sell hatching eggs? I briefly read about NPIP, is this only for actual chicks/chickens? I have been thinking of selling my barnyard mix eggs on EBAY and maybe in classified ads. I want to be sure I am doing this the right way! :)

Technically, to ship chicks, chickens, or fertile eggs across state lines you should be NPIP certified. I'm sure many (MOST?) small producers who ship other than hatcheries aren't NPIP. Doesn't make it right, but I'm sure it happens alot.

Last edited:
Technically, to ship chicks, chickens, or fertile eggs across state lines you should be NPIP certified. I'm sure many (MOST?) small producers who ship other than hatcheries aren't NPIP. Doesn't make it right, but I'm sure it happens alot.
Thank you! I've emailed my state's agriculture department to find out more. I completely understand the need for NPIP to reduce the possibility of spreading viruses/diseases and I want to be sure I do it the right way. I'm sure that my chickens are healthy enough, but you never know what could come back on you, and if it happens, I want to make sure that I am protected as well!
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom