Colorado

@alebuela I'm glad there's someone out there that enjoys it & it's not just me because I can't stop talking about them. :)

My chicks continue to think they are in a 90's hip hop group.

Lockdown day for the last batch of eggs for awhile. One looks small like the little chick I had die after hatch, but everyone's still moving & we'll see if anything hatches this week.

@alebuela I'm glad there's someone out there that enjoys it & it's not just me because I can't stop talking about them.
smile.png

Lockdown day for the last batch of eggs for awhile. One looks small like the little chick I had die after hatch, but everyone's still moving & we'll see if anything hatches this week.
OH MY GOODNESS
lau.gif
gig.gif
yippiechickie.gif
Those two crack me up. I LOVE that stretching to look so stern.

Is it lockdown already? OH MY where does the time go. Here is hoping they all make it through hatch and then some.
fl.gif

Suncatcher,

Yes they are 600 pounds. I build them from the ground up. I had a group of 15 done when a major mess up in the electrical department made it so I had to pull them back into my area to do corrections on the redesigned panel.
It made me all kinds of
rant.gif
. Our plant is small and so I was having to move the 300 pound machines out of the way to get to my big buggers.
I still have 4 to go tomorrow too.
barnie.gif
Then it is on to the 250 pound upper portions getting put together so they can get more sent to paint so I can make more of the huge things. ( I do build these basically by myself. I get help when lifting the 250 pound upper portions onto the bases. )
I am lucky enough to get to have my son working at the same plant and he helps me out whenever he can. There are a whole 12 people working at the company and that includes office staff.

LOL I am a tough old bird LOL

One last thing....
I told DH how sad it was that I was taking eggs out from under the very broody cochin and she was taking them back before I could pick them all up. He told me to get her some chicks.
I will be preparing her area during the week and getting her some littles next Friday. Hoping for BA of course.
ya.gif
jumpy.gif

Last edited:
So, a Cream Legbar kept shoving my broody off her eggs, and after four days we finally thought, maybe she's broody? Which is extremely weird for a Cream, gave her four eggs, and sure enough she's been on them for two days. Crazy chicken. The broody would just stand in the middle of the stall and scream, so we always knew when it was happening. The funny thing is anytime the broody went for a walk, this Cream would babysit the eggs, so they never really had any uncovered time. Today is hatch, we'll see what we get.

@alebuela I'm glad there's someone out there that enjoys it & it's not just me because I can't stop talking about them. :)

I think your chicks look like a punk rock band, they are too funny! Congrats on lockdown and how eggciting! Which eggs are these, are these the shipped eggs?

OH MY GOODNESS
lau.gif
gig.gif
yippiechickie.gif
Those two crack me up. I LOVE that stretching to look so stern.

Is it lockdown already? OH MY where does the time go. Here is hoping they all make it through hatch and then some.
fl.gif
They are a riot. I guess I didn't think they would have this much personality at 3 weeks. :D

Wow, lockdown already? Good luck with this hatch. I can't wait to see what these chicks will look like.
I'm very interested to see what they look like as well. This will be my first baby purebreds. Hopefully, I'll get a good mix of the colours the breeder sent me to hatch. :)

I think your chicks look like a punk rock band, they are too funny! Congrats on lockdown and how eggciting! Which eggs are these, are these the shipped eggs?
They act like they're in a punk band! XD Yup, these are the shipped Phoenix bantam eggs. I'm extremely surprised 6 out of 7 made it to lockdown. I wasn't expecting that.

They are a riot. I guess I didn't think they would have this much personality at 3 weeks. :D

I'm very interested to see what they look like as well. This will be my first baby purebreds. Hopefully, I'll get a good mix of the colours the breeder sent me to hatch. :)

They act like they're in a punk band! XD Yup, these are the shipped Phoenix bantam eggs. I'm extremely surprised 6 out of 7 made it to lockdown. I wasn't expecting that.

Well we all will be :pop until we see the pictures when they start coming out into this world.

I have a question for anyone that has stuck eggs under a broody hen......

My gal has been fully broody for about a week now.
There is an ad on Craigs for fertile cream legbar eggs.
If I were to get ahold of say 6 does anyone think the bantam cochin could
A. Handle 6 eggs
B. Hang in there for them to hatch and then keep them warm

Last year she sat stubbornly for about 9 weeks before I managed to force her to quit it.
It would mean she would be sitting over a month again. Poor thing.

Or should I just get her 2 or 3 chicks and hope she takes them in?

Thanks in advance for any insight.

Babs

How much are the eggs? If you can stomach her leaving them with just a few days left and either chucking them or trying to finish them off in the brooder, than go for it. I've had a higher loss rate with hen raised chicks than brooder ones. Maybe just my girls but if I do shipped eggs or expensive chicks, I'm doing the work. I wouldn't give her any more than 6. Remember, they grow fast and she'll have trouble covering them up at night by about 2 weeks.

Back
Top Bottom