Colorado

Hello fellow western slope coloradoans.
I would really like to participate in a local poultry swap too. I had thought about seeing if the 4H in Grand Junction would sponsor one and charge a small fee to attend just to cover expenses and to make a little money for the 4H. Of course just thinking about it is as far as it has gone. Do any of you think it would work?

Quote:
I don't see why not, I guess it depends on how much effort they want to put into it and how big a turnout they would expect to have. With everybody trying to grow their own food to save money a lot more people are getting into poultry. And since Grand Junction does not restrict people to have chickens inside city limits too. We would have to premote it heavily and maybe with enough notice we could make it a regular thing.

Hey yall! Another Colorado Springs person here.
smile.png
I live in Security, off Mesa Ridge Pkwy. I have 3 D'Uccles and hopefully will be getting a silkie from a friend soon. SO What I want to know is... do any of yall get together and come visit newbies in your area and give them advice on how to make adjustments and stuff to their coop and what not? Cause that's what I need right now.
lol.png
lol.png
I'm quite scared my coop won't allow my birds to last the winter quite frankly, and I JUST bought it.
sad.png
I'm one of these people that I can read stuff but it doesn't sink into my brain properly in order for me to put it into action. I have to see things to learn them. I'd love to have someone come visit and give me some tips.
smile.png
I'm sure a lot of newbies like myself could use that kind of help. Anyone up to it? I promise I don't bite.
tongue.png

Maybe we could have a springs poultry breakfast or something
big_smile.png

I am only a few minutes from you.

You are outside of Fountain city limits I hope. (They don't allow chickens)

Oh no, I'm in Fountain (right on the edge, literally), but I called the City first and the laws are now the same as Colo Springs. You can have up to 10 hens, but no roos.
smile.png
I like the idea of a breakfast meet up or something like that.

Last edited:
I called the City first and the laws are now the same as Colo Springs.

Really???

Someone at the City of Fountain has been telling people NO CHICKENS.​

Just wanted to put the word out bout Larry's Poultary. I had a fairly bad experience with this business. I called asking about picking up some chicks so I could check out his business, and also so I could only get the number I needed. He was rude and when I asked he said "are you deaf I only ship throught the mail I am hanging up" Ahh I am looking for a place to get my chicks I care where they come from and how they live before I get them. Please help I am new to backyard chickens and I am looking to get some chicks and want to get going soon. I just returned home. I am from the North Springs and also lookin for some people who would allow me to come by and see some coops and get some tips so I do right by my chicks. Anyway there is something wrong with a person who acts this way and I just wanted to share this so others would not have to deal with this business.

Thanks alot Josh

Back
Top Bottom