Colorado

Quote:
who is the breeder and what kind of ducks?
big_smile.png

Aight, before I post on Craigslist I wanted to give ya'll a chance at this little gal
Her name is Zippy (although really you can call her whatever you want to, she ain't trained or nuthin
big_smile.png
)

Z5.jpg
Z2.jpg

She is ~ 5 weeks old, she is a button quail and apparantly a Cinamon Tuxedo
smile.png
(yes, i'm aware i spelled cinamon wrong
tongue.png
) Out of 23 eggs only herself and another hatched, and she is the only survivor. I don't see myself getting any button quail of the same age anytime soon, and she should have others of her own to run with, instead of the larger chicken chicks
smile.png
If you know of anyone who would like her, and can come get her, she's yours. If I have to deliver, its anywhere from $5 - $20 depending on where I deliver to
big_smile.png

Thanks!

Big R in Falcon orders their chicks from Privett, I think. The workers won't be helpful in sorting out your chicks, but you can place your own special order through them...same minumums as going direct, though.

Does anyone know which hatchery Rocking B in Black Forest uses?

I'll probably order from Privett this year as I can specify gender on some breeds that are strictly straight run at McMurray. I've never ordered hatchery birds. Does anyone have preferences for one that would potentially have good birds for 4Her -- shows and stuff?

Kiowa Country Corner and Elizabeth Country Corner also have lots of breeds to choose from...anyone bought from them?

I've always ordered from Ideal in TX and have had great service and luck with them or we get the chicks from what used to be The Merchantile in Brighton which is now Baumgaards (sp). But they odered their chicks from Privett and we've always had great outcomes with those babies also. Not sure if Baumgaards will have them or not.

Quote:
who is the breeder and what kind of ducks?
big_smile.png

Hi colowyo0809. The breeder is Nate of Shamrock Farms. Here's the link to his website for more details:

http://shamrockfarm.webs.com/

He is a BYC'er and very active on the Welsummer thread. He has a very good reputation amongst the contributors to that thread for his Wellies. I haven't read up on his ducks, so I can't say anything about them. He has Call, Rouen, and Muscovy ducks and Cotton Patch geese, and a couple types of pigeon as well.

Let me know if you are interested. PM me to discuss.

Thanks - Jamie.

Quote:
You have a brand new Murdochs on 92nd and wadsworth and they told me they will be ordering chicks this year! The more chicks introduced to the Denver metro area the better in my opinion
smile.png

Quote:
You have a brand new Murdochs on 92nd and wadsworth and they told me they will be ordering chicks this year! The more chicks introduced to the Denver metro area the better in my opinion
smile.png

OMG! That is good news I hadn't heard! Can't wait to go - I'm just at 55th & Wads. Has anyone been yet? What building did they move into?

We've shopped there a few times already. But Joey!! You weren't supposed to tell me they would have chicks here soon
tongue.png

I figured they would but I was avoiding finding that info out.

Gail they moved up into I think the old Babies R Us building or one of those right there at 92nd and Wads.

Last edited:
Hi Cara! I've never been to a Murdochs - so I'm going to be anxious to get up there. It will be nice to see what supplies/feed they carry. Looks like my trips to O'Tooles this spring will be a bit longer!

Back
Top Bottom