Colorado

Quote:
Missy,
Hi we just moved to the Cotopaxi area and I want to get some buff orpington's and RIR's where did you get yours? did you hatch them yourself?

Crackshot, welcome to BYC. I'm in Buena Vista, so not too far away. But sorry I don't know where to get any orpingtons for RIRs.

Thanks for the welcome, not to worry, with all these good folks on here im sure i'll find some
big_smile.png

Fruita is just west of Grand Junction. There is also a Murdoch's in Grand Junction. Thanks for the info about the chicks sold in Delta! I may have to drive to Delta this spring for chicks! We want some good layers! lol

For all the newbies that just caught the BYC addiction this weekend
welcome-byc.gif
and to our Colorado thread
frow.gif
It's really cool how many of us are on here and continue to keep in touch throughout our state
big_smile.png

Last edited:
my sister wants me to lower our rooster count before winter. And we have some pairs we want to get rid of. when is the next swap meet? - i only know about the Pueblo one-is there another one north of the Springs? I am unsure about trying the BYC auction option - does it work OK for local pick ups? I'm not sure how far members are willing to drive for a chicken.

Morning everyyone! Quick question; has anyone here ever adopted from Black Forest Animal Sanctuary? I'm thinking of calling to adopt a chicken from them. I only want to get one chicken so I don't know if that will be an issue...

Chick in the burbs, I have not adopted a bird from their specifically but my only suggestion is to check the bird carefully for disease and mites for your flocks safety. Do at least a two week quarentine if possible. I am celebrating today. I just got 4 Beltville White Turkeys!!!! I am sooo excited and they tolerated a very long ride from the front range to the western slope. Happy Day.

I will be showing Cochins at the Rocky Mountain Feather Fanciers show October 8. I will also have a sale cage at the show for some pairs of young Columbian Cochins I will bring along. Looking forward to meeting some of the Colorado poultry enthusiasts.
Craig

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom