Consolidated Kansas

@girlsnammo Sorry to hear that your Grandmother isn't well. Grandparents are a blessing that we lose too soon.

It rained last night so it is muggy muggy muggy here today. The birds are not happy about this heat and of course are refusing to lay.....

Hey all, does anybody know of chickens being sold in the Manhattan/Topeka area? We are looking for some favorellas or ameracanas/eastereggers (whatever I just want blue eggs!) We currently have one lonely Production red hen, who is a sweet thing, waiting with my fathers flock and we'd like to get 5 more chickens (but I don't want to raise babies!) I would also be ok with orpingtons for the right price.

Last edited:
Hey all, does anybody know of chickens being sold in the Manhattan/Topeka area? We are looking for some favorellas or ameracanas/eastereggers (whatever I just want blue eggs!) We currently have one lonely Production red hen, who is a sweet thing, waiting with my fathers flock and we'd like to get 5 more chickens (but I don't want to raise babies!) I would also be ok with orpingtons for the right price.

Look for Dee Sauvage on Facebook. She used to have both but I'm not sure what she has right now. She lives in Onaga.

Well my grandmother passed around 6:30 this morning. My aunt said she went peacefully in her sleep which is a blessing. She no longer suffers. Now I'm planning a trip to Nebraska where she will be laid to rest with my grandfather, mother, and son in our family cemetery in about 3 weeks. Please keep our family in your prayers.

Well my grandmother passed around 6:30 this morning. My aunt said she went peacefully in her sleep which is a blessing. She no longer suffers. Now I'm planning a trip to Nebraska where she will be laid to rest with my grandfather, mother, and son in our family cemetery in about 3 weeks. Please keep our family in your prayers.

So sorry for all the loss. Thoughts for you and your family

Posts have been pretty scant the last few days. I was in the hospital for some spinal pain treatment yesterday and was sedated so I spent the day sleeping after I got home from the hospital. A day off per say. That was different for me.
My schedule for the rest of the week is just crazy. I need to get busy, but I'm still feeling sore so it's hard to get myself in gear. I have to do some more sorting and counting. My rooster buyer will be here at the end of the week. And now I am trying to count them and pull out what I need to keep either for myself or birds people are asking about.
It's also supposed to be major hot today. The next couple days are supposed to be cooler, but both days are booked solid with other activities. It would sure be nice if I could get some dirt work and stuff done while it is cool. No time though. I really am tired of having to work doubly hard just to keep birds alive in this heat. Sure hope it breaks soon for good...although I am NOT ready for cold weather.
Hopefully by the end of the week my numbers will be a lot lower and maybe a few less pens to feed and water. I am so ready!!!
I have some peachicks and pheasant babies to move out of the house the next couple of days as well. Never ending cycle around here.

Hey alls,

I was in the coop this morning and found a yellow yolk type substance under the roosting bar.
No white i could see or shells.

Is this something i need to be worried about?

Thanks

Hey alls, I was in the coop this morning and found a yellow yolk type substance under the roosting bar. No white i could see or shells. Is this something i need to be worried about? Thanks
My chickens had first eggs like that or with a leathery shell. Do you have some pullets that are close or is this happening from hens?

Back
Top Bottom