Consolidated Kansas

I ended up driving down and getting 6 chicks from Cackle on Tuesday. I just lost one, a Cuckoo Marans we named Storm. She seemed fine this morning, scratching feed and running around, but when I got home and checked on her tonight a little over an hour ago, she was listless and could barely open her eyes. Saw some dried poop on her vent and cleaned it off, but it was too late and she died in my hands a few minutes ago. I'm crushed.
I'm so sorry this happened to you :hugs Sadly, sometimes chicks just fail to thrive. I have high hopes for the other five though! Again, my condolences:hugsStorm sounded like a wonderful chick.

I ended up driving down and getting 6 chicks from Cackle on Tuesday. I just lost one, a Cuckoo Marans we named Storm. She seemed fine this morning, scratching feed and running around, but when I got home and checked on her tonight a little over an hour ago, she was listless and could barely open her eyes. Saw some dried poop on her vent and cleaned it off, but it was too late and she died in my hands a few minutes ago. I'm crushed.
I'm sorry, this happened to me also :hugs , it's so sad but it's better to look forward then backwards!

Well, good luck! Is your chicken coop finished yet?
Not yet, but making good progress! The run will be 9x21 and the coop 6x6 when I'm finished with it. I got a good bit done this weekend but now I'm out of town for a work thing all week. And I don't expect my husband to work on it at all (not his thing) so I know I'm crunched for time before the chickie babies get too big for the brooder!

hi,
I have six 9 week old barnyard mix chicks for sale! I hatched them back in April and they absolutely love people!
Their father is a bielefelder and their Moms are Rhode Island red and Olive egger. PM me if interested so I can send you pics and talk about the cost and what I'll trade! P.S I'm sorry I don't know hens from roos.
yours are 9 weeks old? my roo is 9 and 1/2 weeks and he's been crowing for a week and a half, and looks very much like a roo

Attachments

• F930F8BC-351B-47BC-8A20-A0A197FD7196.jpeg
    F930F8BC-351B-47BC-8A20-A0A197FD7196.jpeg
    441.9 KB · Views: 2

Back
Top Bottom