Consolidated Kansas

That's too bad, Tammy. We've been lucky; our neighbors seem to be fine with our roo so far. We've talked to them about it when we see them and so far they've all said they either don't hear him or don't mind the crowing (he usually starts at 6 am). One neighbor had occasionally been thinking about getting chickens himself (we encouraged him to do it!) and one said, "Hey, we're a neighborhood. They're from nature and we're from nature and we'll all just get along." I'm sorry you have to get rid of yours.

Quote:
hugs.gif
Is the fine still $49 for not having a permit? Like could you pay the $49 and heaven help you convince the clerk they are actually supposed to issue chicken permits and pay the $2, so pay $51 and keep them? I know my neighbor was sited for harboring a pitbull. $169 including the $49 no city tag fine. City code doesn't allow for her to keep it even with a permit, but she still has it. I know animal control has been over since and that was like a year ago, but I haven't seen anything more in the paper about it.

Funny thing is the code says $2 for keeping chickens period, hens or roos. I know that doesn't help you any, but it goes to show how confused even the city peeps are about the actual code. I know it's a small consolation, but at least he didn't tell you that they all had to go. Even with a permit, according to the code, a nuisance complaint of any kind can revoke it and then they all have to go. I hate crappy neighbors. Least they could do is talk to you.
smack.gif

Let me know what happens and if I can help.

These guys just have to go - Anyone??!! 5mo partridge rocks - free for the asking and I'll even bring them to you if you're not too far out of southeast Kansas. I just don't have the heart to process them.
25641_imgp8170.jpg

PM me if interested.
ETA - can be pullorem tested locally if needed

Last edited:
Hello from Clearwater, Kansas!

I have 6 lil babies - and just guessing on the breeds - they are tsc babies (actually about 4 months - but still call them my babies )

2 amberlinks
2 marans
2 golden laced wyandottes

2 kids - one 22 year old and one 3 year old (yes - she was a surprise)

So hello and how are ya?

Kathy,
Had no idea you were so close. I think Nevada is only about an hour from here. We are practically neighbors
cool.png

Hi, "naughty!"

I got my 3 chicks at TSC this spring, too. The "Golden-Laced Wyandotte" they had at the east Wichita TSC turned out to be a Golden six-link, but maybe your TSC people were smarter? I'm thinking the hatchery labeled the box "Golden," and the only breed they could find in their reference pamphlet that had that word was "Golden-Laced Wyandotte." ;-) Mine is a sweetie, and has already (at 16 weeks!) started laying!

Welcome to BYC -- you'll love it here!

Back
Top Bottom