Consolidated Kansas

68749_fishface.jpg
[/img]

Oh, yeah! Love those big cats. Here's one I caught off our place on the Solomon river. Used a limb line. I always liked using limb lines in the spring and fall. It was kind of like Christmas. Bait them at sundown then go out in the morning and see what Santa had left on your lines.

they ruined my favorite old spot on the Kansas River-we use to take a boat out to the Island that used to be at 435 and Holiday DR, huge cats in the rapids there-but now they made it so you can just walk out to the island
sad.png

Quote:
Holy Cow Susie. That'll feed an army. Nice snag. My grandpa would filet a mess of cats and fry them up around the 4th. That was good eating!

Quote:
Holy Cow Susie. That'll feed an army. Nice snag. My grandpa would filet a mess of cats and fry them up around the 4th. That was good eating!

We caught a lot of nice ones there. The toughest part about that cat was carrying him up the steep bank and back up to the house. Even though it was only about a 200 yard trek, it wore me out. Wish I would have had a scale to weigh him. Some of those flatheads are super good to eat. I kind of miss the fishing since I moved up here. We had two oxbows of the Solomon river and a big sandpit pond. Fishing and hunting were excellent there.

I have a dozen or so BCM eggs going into lockdown tomorrow. I'm not very hopeful for a good hatch. These are the ones I took out of my rinkydinkubator when the power failed. I haven't given up, though. The "new-old" GQF I bought is running like a top.

I'd like to find a fairly nice antique Leahy redwood incubator that I could restore. Oh, yeah.... like I need another incubator!

George, I really enjoyed your visit. I enjoyed meeting you and your daughter. I'm sure hoping you have a good first hatch with your incubator. You did an awesome job on it!
bow.gif
Best of luck you you both.

Quote:
Keep the faith Susie!
fl.gif
I'm pulling for you!

I have to tell you about coming home with the eggs last Saturday. My twin daughter Alex (who was with me) was texting her twin, Nicki, about all the cool stuff she saw at your place. She then texted her about your double-yellow head parrot and how awesome it was. Nicki's reply was off the wall. She thought it had two heads!
lau.gif
Very funny moment.

The whole family is planning a candling event for Saturday morning.
fl.gif
They are extremely excited. We worked on cleaning out the old shed today. We plan on tearing it down and replacing it with a chicken run. I'll be sure to let you know how it turns out. I'm betting all those Lakenvelder eggs are gonna be good. We also have 4 Fuzzy eggs we're keeping a keen eye on.
big_smile.png

Hey KansasBoy, those are really nice pics. Not sure what breed, but very cool.
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
I think the proper place for you to ask is here Wanted To Buy good luck !

No need in being a jerk about it . Everyone here had told me to ask you so I did ..... Geez ! Guess I will hide some where else
hmm.png

Good morning, everyone!! I'm going to try to be cheerful about the heat because I whined so much about the cold. I would really just like a year where we get a good month of 70* days for spring before it launches into the depths of heat. I'm not ready to have it this hot yet!! Gotta shave my dang legs! Heck, if this is what's to come this summer, I may shave my head! Sheesh!

Back
Top Bottom