Consolidated Kansas

I have pearl, pearl x white, lavender, and lavender X white. I have one white female but haven't gotten any white keets from her. I'm not picky about colors myself because I just want them to eat bugs and lay eggs. Know what I mean? Konza bought her keets from me by the way.

And they are actually fairly quiet and well behaved...for guineas! They only peep when they have something to peep about, which is just fine with me. Right now they are in their own little pen inside the coop, so that they get a head start on learning that's where home is and getting used to the other chickens. There are some excellent roosting trees around the coop. Somehow I have to keep them convinced the coop is even better. I ought to start feeding them treats every night, so maybe I can lead them around by their bellies like I do the chickens.
roll.png

Any one want some ducks? I have 6 and really dont have the space or time for them. Not really sure on the breeds but they are almost adult age and for the most part a lot of fun. They were given to us via family but now things have changed and just have to give them a better home. Please PM me if yo want to talk more about the ducks. Thanks.

I have 16 BBS Ameraucana eggs that I can't eat due to medication and DW won't let incubate anymore.

I will give them to anyone who wants them.
I will be tossing them this weekend.
I am in Topeka every work day.
If you have a good hatch I wouldn't mind a pullet from them.

Hello Kansans!! I'm new to BYC and chickens in general. It's so good to know y'all are out there! Does anyone have advice for a lonely 9-day-old chick? Only one egg hatched, and the little thing drives me crazy in the evening. It peeps continuously, even if I'm holding it, and takes forever to go to sleep. It's too little to be in with my 9-week-olds, as they try to peck at it. I would be happy to buy another chick (pullet) of about the same age, if I knew where to get one. Any ideas??

Quote:
Hi There,
I'm interested in getting a few Guineas for bug control/help. Question is, can I put them in with my ducks or would they have to have their own coop? I have 7 6-7 wk old ducks and a big duck house. I'm over by Princeton, very near Central Heights school. How old are your keets?

Quote:
Does atwoods still have chicks? If not, you could try C-Arrow stables. They are on maize rd north of 53rd st a couple blocks. They always have baby chicks. No guarantee on pullet/roos but they will help you pick them. The guy that helped me with our first chicks was 5 for 5. They will also take back any roos you may get. If that won't work then maybe someone here will have one or 2 for you.

Back
Top Bottom