Coop Thermometer Placement

Roost level makes sense for me as I would wanna know the temps where they are sleeping.

But as a compulsive over thinker.. I say ad another one at ground or lay box level or just another mounting point and move it between the two to see what the discrepancy is.

Even then, it's really just more about curiosity for me.. as I'm not gonna heat or cool my coop and do have it set up with proper ventilation. It could be a good indicator though if changes need to be made! And I AM curious about details (almost) always.. :pop

My neighbor has a thermometer in his green house that also records the low and high temps for review if you're not out there at that time, which I really like. Plus it tells the humidity level, which might be helpful if you're worried about winter frost bite.

Roost level makes sense for me as I would wanna know the temps where they are sleeping.

But as a compulsive over thinker.. I say ad another one at ground or lay box level or just another mounting point and move it between the two to see what the discrepancy is.

Even then, it's really just more about curiosity for me.. as I'm not gonna heat or cool my coop and do have it set up with proper ventilation. It could be a good indicator though if changes need to be made! And I AM curious about details (almost) always.. :pop

My neighbor has a thermometer in his green house that also records the low and high temps for review if you're not out there at that time, which I really like. Plus it tells the humidity level, which might be helpful if you're worried about winter frost bite.
Thanks for over thinking it for me, I will make a few mounting spots. My wife had ordered a set of fridge thermometers and I noticed that it did record hi/low. That what made think to use one in the coop. Pure curiousity, really. I like to think my ventilation is good. It feels like the outside - hot and humid. :gigOne day I'll get a hygrometer.

Do you know what kind he has? I had one that needed a battery, and it conked out at about 20 degrees.

Back
Top Bottom