Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

Oh come on. Take it in the context that it was meant. Normal people do not practice killing other people so all you can do is prepare yourself the best you can to defend yourself. Get over it.
Exactly!! They weren’t just suggesting to go around murdering people haha they were just saying they wish they could practice so they don’t freeze up if they ever had to do it for real. I don’t even own a gun and probably never will and even I knew that 😂 granted it might have been a bit weird maybe but not anything psychotic by a long shot 😂

I start onions from seeds in a sunny window in spring. I actually need to start more today myself. My old seed packet had a poor sprout rate.
Thanks! Gonna try this. Do you start them in a regular seed tray or do you need a special one? And can you grow them in the ground or is a trash barrel or something easier?

Well, here they're planted in the Fall and harvested in the Spring but I'm in a pretty hardcore 9-10 zone where the Winter is mild and the Summer is brutal.
Ah okay that makes sense. Thanks! I think here they are a plant in spring crop but :confused:

I’ve never grown them before but figured I would try this year.

Thanks! Gonna try this. Do you start them in a regular seed tray or do you need a special one? And can you grow them in the ground or is a trash barrel or something easier?

This video is pretty good.
You can plant in seed trays if you like but flat planting is really really helpful to keep them moist while tiny. No air around the individual pods that way.
They are tough and handle separating for planting out really well.

Oh and do a google search for what type onion does well in your area...short day, ling day or intermediate.

Not for you kiddo. Do it now if you're going to though.
That’s good news!! Thanks!!

This video is pretty good.
You can plant in seed trays if you like but flat planting is really really helpful to keep them moist while tiny. No air around the individual pods that way.
They are tough and handle separating for planting out really well.

Oh and do a google search for what type onion does well in your area...short day, ling day or intermediate.
Thank you!! That was really helpful!! And yeah, I probably should have Googled. I just got a pack of sweet yellow onion seeds a few weeks ago. :oops:

Saw them and thought I’d try onions this year but probably should have researched haha

That’s good news!! Thanks!!

Thank you!! That was really helpful!! And yeah, I probably should have Googled. I just got a pack of sweet yellow onion seeds a few weeks ago. :oops:

Saw them and thought I’d try onions this year but probably should have researched haha

Try them! The worst that could happen is no onions. I have grown "wrong for my area" before and got small but very usable onions. It was still worth it.

Your glasses look stupid? Excuse me, people are wearing masks and gloves and goggles in public! CBS This Morning showed how to make a hood/mask out of a long-sleeved t-shirt!!! Believe me, nobody expects anybody to be a fashion statement these days. My hair was knee-length last year and I cut it to wear short like an old lady for the first time since I wore it in a shag in the 70's. Now I can't get it styled and it is totally YUCK. You can't get a haircut and stay six feet away from the stylist! 😂😂😂 So it just is what it is. I guess I'll be growing it long again!
I don't find glasses stupid at all considering I have to wear them because I am not allowed to wear contacts anymore because of an eye surgery that I had four years ago.

I'm growing my hair out too and I usually don't let hair stylists touch my hair unless it's every 6 months and they do a baby trim. Every time I ask them to trim my hair they always take off way too much so now I learned the term baby trim 😂

Try them! The worst that could happen is no onions. I have grown "wrong for my area" before and got small but very usable onions. It was still worth it.
Good point! Hadn’t thought of that. The garden is a bit smaller this year because we put the new coop over part of it but I still think there’s enough room for a lot of vegetables haha might do the onions in a container though. Not sure yet. Kind of want to try potatoes too but not sure if I can. I think I accidentally killed my peppers that I overwintered. :oops: forgot to bring them in one night and it got really cold and then we got tons of rain and yeah. But hoping they’re not a total lost cause.

MissFrizzletheChick, interesting username! :D Pictures of Miss Frizzle maybe?
Haha, she is my profile picture! I got this account just now even though I’ve been a chicken owner for a while, and she is still a little baby. All my pictures of her have red heat lamp light, so when I get a good picture I’ll put it up to cheer everyone up!! Who isn’t happy when they see a 🐥.:woot

Back
Top Bottom