Coturnix Quail Basics- Information and Pictures Galore

You can use turkey food, or duck food even. I've heard that the medication can mess with the male's fertility, too, but I can't back that up. We have a gamebird starter, and a gamebird grower, but I'm having a hard time finding something (small) for the adult breeders.
hu.gif

At what age do you take them off the starter. I'm trying to figure out now if it's worth buying a bag of the gamebird starter or just going straight to the regular. They are almost three weeks now.

Quote:
My adults are also on starter and will stay on it, its impossible for me to find high protien adult game bird feed here, so I keep them on the starter which is higher protien (but still not enough so i suppliment). No detriment to their health tho the roos I processed reciently were pretty fatty LOL

Quote:
My adults are also on starter and will stay on it, its impossible for me to find high protien adult game bird feed here, so I keep them on the starter which is higher protien (but still not enough so i suppliment). No detriment to their health tho the roos I processed reciently were pretty fatty LOL

Thanks so much. I'll get NON medicated starter for them tomorrow morning. I felt awful when I read that earlier. They seem happy enough though, but I don't want to risk it...

It was only $14 for the 50lb bag. I thought it was going to be more expensive than the blue seal layer feed I buy for the hens, but heck at only 3 dollars more, I may just switch everyone to that. Then I don't have to worry with three different feeds.

Back
Top Bottom