Could this be a guinea fowl egg?

As the shell should be really hard to break, I beat it with my finger nail, but it cracked a bit. That's why I put it into my pan. And as you can see, the yolk looks completely different.
New layers can have glitches within their reproductive systems before things become normal. There's actually no yolk in that, just the thick Albumin, & thin Albumin. Glitches can effect shell hardness as well.

One of my new layers years ago would lay double yolkers constantly, one time a Triple yolker.

New layers can have glitches within their reproductive systems before things become normal. There's actually no yolk in that, just the thick Albumin, & thin Albumin. Glitches can effect shell hardness as well.

One of my new layers years ago would lay double yolkers constantly, one time a Triple yolker.
Thanks a lot for sharing your experiences! This is very valuable information for me :)

No, I don't, as all of the chicken roosters we butchered had little stones in their stomach. Should I?
Oyster Shells let the ladies regulate their calcium intake for strong eggshells.

Chickens don't have stomachs. That was most likely grit they picked up to help grind their food.

No, I don't, as all of the chicken roosters we butchered had little stones in their stomach. Should I?
All birds eat "grit" which will be found in their gizzards. It is how they grind food that needs processed before digestion since they can't chew.

Oyster shell is soluble and dissolves and does not act as grit. It's highly unlikely that your roosters were eating the oyster shell but your hens do need it.

While the color is right, the shape is wrong and easily broken doesn't fit either.
I suggested the oyster shell due to the fact the shell was thin.
Shape is right. This was from a first time layer, was my first guinea egg.
20200714_150121.jpg

We feed our chickens their own shells which we break before so that they have enough calcium for their eggs.

Back
Top Bottom