courtnix and bobwhites hatching any day!!!

How many have you got? (not including the ones you just picked up)
The bottom ones look a little like Texas A&M's. But usually they have a black spot or two.
idunno.gif

We were only supposed to be getting a mix of Tibetan and Texas A&M, but the P-T certificate that came with them said Tibetan, Jumbo Pharaoh, Golden Speckled AND Texas A&M. So hopefully we will get enough of each to put breeding groups together. I'm going to try to get some tuxedo chicks tho. They are so stinkin' cute.

They are still moving, but no pips yet....will check back in a couple hours.

Ugh...I've got several wigglers and one has sort of pipped - cracks in the shell and wiggling like crazy....but no pip hole yet...
The suspense is killing me!
fl.gif

Hey guys!

Been so busy quailing(chickening etc etc) and with school haven't been on here!

Sooo unfortunately all my bobwhite eggs were not fertile :( such a bummer!!!! But on a great amazing exciting note I recieved 3 california quail eggs this week the first ones!!!!! I'm sooo hoping they are fertile!!!

So far I have about fifty chicks now the older ones have moved into the 'teen brooder' I'm excited cause there's a great mix of colours and some A&Ms too!! Of course, there's been some deaths :( but not very many considering how many there were and only two died while hatching from egg.

Shaw - did you mean how many adults do I have?? minus, the new ones I have only about 15 courtnix adults but our good friend recieves 30 eggs a week from his and gives them to us since he doesn't have an incubator or brooder or use for the chicks anyhow..I also have 10 bobwhites, a pair of buttons (my absolute fav, I need more!!) And two pairs of california! I love the tuxedo ones as well, adorable!!!!!

Anyone know what those 'silver' courtnix really are??

And such a bummer all the white ones are males! !!!!!

Ok so the final tally from my hatch! 13 A&M, 7 wild type, 5 goldens, 6 tuxedo including one black, 6 dark range, and 1 all black! Woop woop!
I did eggtopsies today on the ones that didnt hatch, most were infertile, only about 7 died during development or immediately before hatch. So in all not bad for my first time! :)

Congrats! A&m's are white coturnix right? I'm asking because I'm having a dozen shipped to me soon. Will be adding that to my eggs in the bator.

Back
Top Bottom