Cracked Beak

If you can get a picture of the inside, more like the one above, so we can see the tip, and a little farther back, it might help. I'm leaning towards a bit of trim at the tip, just a little, and using the super glue (gel type, and carefully) and tea bag to stabilize it and see if it will grow out. That is going to take some time, beaks tend to grow slowly.

Unfortunately I don't have any advice; I'll leave that to the great folks here. I just wanted to thank you for getting and sharing really great photos of your bird. So often I come here and search about a specific issue. I have no doubt this thread will really help people in the future, and that's very much appreciated.

I do hope your chicken heals well!

If you can get a picture of the inside, more like the one above, so we can see the tip, and a little farther back, it might help. I'm leaning towards a bit of trim at the tip, just a little, and using the super glue (gel type, and carefully) and tea bag to stabilize it and see if it will grow out. That is going to take some time, beaks tend to grow slowly.

Here’s a picture of the inside of her mouth and a profile picture after a little beak trim.

IMG_4085.jpeg
IMG_4086.jpeg

There may be some thickening of the tissue at the tip inside, it's very hard to tell, it could be scar tissue from injury, inflammation, or possibly start of a tumorous growth. I still think I would try to stabilize it and see if it will grow out. If it gets worse, and the tissue inside the tip of the beak seems to be getting larger or the crack gets wider, then it would probably be best to seek vet care, to try to figure out for sure. I would keep an eye on it for changes.

There may be some thickening of the tissue at the tip inside, it's very hard to tell, it could be scar tissue from injury, inflammation, or possibly start of a tumorous growth. I still think I would try to stabilize it and see if it will grow out. If it gets worse, and the tissue inside the tip of the beak seems to be getting larger or the crack gets wider, then it would probably be best to seek vet care, to try to figure out for sure. I would keep an eye on it for changes.
Thank you! I'll keep an eye on her, for sure! Appreciate all of the input and suggestions!!

I agree.

I think it looks better since it's been trimmed. Stabilizing is a good idea.

@Rick&Chris thank you for the additional photos. Keep us posted on how she's doing.

Back
Top Bottom