***Crevecoeur Thread***

Pics
That's exactly what I thought when they were only a few weeks old :) So no surprise! In a way, it's better than all being pullets 'cause I really wanted to make some babies, LOL. I was wrong though. That was my older Leghorn making noise this morning. Kind of a grumpy screech (not too loud) I caught her doing it again out in the open. So that begs the question, how old are the boys when they start crowing? Is it possible that they haven't started crowing because they're low on the pecking order with the older leghorns?

Wanted to post a few pics today...

Here is Shag. My favorite cockerel that I have hatched so far.

He actually has more substance to him than most of the cockerels so far.
This is a younger pullet. None of my pullets wanted their picture taken today.

So far it has not been hard for selecting which cockerels to keep. I do have a leakage problem. The white in the earlobes will be something I have to work on besides size.

Not snow just frost. The ground is quite frozen today. I have some crazy birds who refuse to sleep in their coops preferring the trees. They had frost across their backs early this morning.

Nope. They are a old French breed. Dual purpose and at one time quite popular for their meat. They should have a heavier build and not as large of a crest.

My understanding is that Polish was added here to improve the crest for showing. It is a breed that needs more interest and work.

Not snow just frost. The ground is quite frozen today. I have some crazy birds who refuse to sleep in their coops preferring the trees. They had frost across their backs early this morning.

LOL, I remember your AWESOME picture now! With all the black birds up in the trees! My goodness that was totally cool!
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom