Crochet Square Swap - Completed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scrambled Egg

Flock Mistress
12 Years
Aug 29, 2007
Fayetteville, NC
In the spirit of the Quilt Block Swapping Thread and with the permission of BYC Management…This is an opportunity to swap Crocheted Granny Squares…

This swap is not endorsed by BYC (owner, website, staff, etc.). The BYC Staff is not responsible and will not mediate if something goes "wrong" or a deal goes "bad". If you choose to participate in a swap, it is best to know who you are swapping with and not to swap more than you can afford to lose.

The BYC Staff is sensitive because of past swaps. We want our members to feel comfortable having fun with these and other social interactions, but please keep in mind that there were issues with some organizers and swappers not following through on their committments in the past.

Like any other interaction: Have fun, but be careful and safe! There is obviously a lot of talent among the members of BackYardChickens.com and I thought it would be fun to bring that talent and energy together in our own Crocheted Granny Square Afghans! (For those of us that want to play but cannot sew or quilt, lol!) But not just one afghan, enough finished squares for everyone participating to put together their own afghan!

Here is how it will work -

The Swap Plan

1. If you want to join the swap list leave a post on this thread.

2. After a week or so the swap will be closed to new participants. (Dates for the finished squares will be posted later.)

3. At that time a count and an acknowledgment of each participant will be listed to make sure no one is accidently left out.

4. 20 crocheted granny squares in any style, yarn and color but each one measuring 6" x6". That will be 20 of these squares contributed by each participant.

5. At the time posted all crocheted granny squares will be mailed to me – Scrambled Egg - along with a self addressed stamped padded envelope. The SASE will need to be the same as the envelope and postage as the one that you are sending your finished squares in.

6. Once I have received all of the squares, I will sort them out and send a complete set back to all of the people participating -using your own SASE.

7. Once everyone receives their finished squares it will be up to each person to creatively connect the squares and finish their own afghan! You will be asked to post pictures of your finished afghan on the BYC forum!

Sound like fun?! I think so!

The Granny Squares

The pattern can be any as long as the finished square measures 6" x 6". There are as many varieties of crocheted granny squares as are imaginable (google is your friend!)...be creative! Try to use yarn fibers and colors that would be attractive in most homes! (Those 70's colors with the black trim are rarely used anymore!).

Once it is determined how many would like to participate, the group may need to brainstorm more specifics related to colors, fibers and themes....

So, how many of you crocheters out there would like to swap one of a kind granny squares with fellow BYC members in order to end up snuggling under your very own BYC afghan?!

Soooo, what are you waiting for...sign on up!!!!!!
wee.gif

Last edited:
I'd like to sign up, but it will really depends on when we have to have all our square finished. I have a really busy schedule and don't want to commit to something I can't accomplish. So count me in for now and once a date as to when we have to have them finished by is posted I will give a for sure answer.

Kim

Yeah!!
smile.png
I was sure hoping for some interest!! This will be fun!! Don't worry, we'll make sure there is a really reasonable time frame, I totally understand busy lifestyles!

So far:

Scrambled Egg
Crazy4Chicks
mustangsaguaro
K&H Chicken Farm

th.gif
I'm interested, but let me think on it - what about knitting squares? those could be added in anywhere and some folks might prefer knitting...... ?

I dont know about putting the crocheted granny squares and a knitted square together in the same afghan? Maybe you could start a knitted square swap? Can't you crochet Wildfrys?!

Come on all you crocheters, get out those hooks!!
smile.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom