Day 20, I see a pip and hear a cheeping!

OH MY WORD,,,they are precious!!! I have LOTS of silkie eggs in my bators I bought from different breeders. Am wondering who you bought your eggs from....I wike yours! I'll share my pics if I am lucky enough to have mine hatch too. They are all doing perfectly great at this point. I'm on day 18 now with some frizzles. Can't wait for them either!! Thanks for sharing! Julie
smile.png

I'm not al that happy with the results from this breeder. Out of 24 eggs (2 cracked so 22) having only 3 hatch isn't that great. Granted some of that was probably the incubator and the whole shipping process. But what really doesn't please me is their feet. One of them has 6 toes, one has the 5th toe kind of pointing backwards, and the other has great toes, but the long front toe on one foot is a little bit curled. At least the 6 toe thing is for sure not something I should have been getting from a good breeder. But I love them all anyway, just not really going to use them as breeders.

Note: I opened the remaining 4 eggs. 2 had grown to maturity but just never hatched (they were dead), and the other two it looked like had stopped growing at some point after like day 14 I guess. I have a new really nice incubator so I am hoping that next time I will have better success.

Back
Top Bottom